Tiger I - 2 tone camo (italeri)

Steven000

WWII and nuts.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
Hello guys,
It's been a while scince I did some modeling, but the last few days I finished an forgotten Tiger I project...

It's an old italeri kit which was about 90% completed. I added some small details here and there and finished the wheels and track-links...

Track-links added

I sprayed a 2-tone camo with the airbrush, this could be a dessert/eastern front camo...
I used a dark yellow mixed with white.

Here I'm painting some of the tools.

I used one figure to put in the turret (from academy)

At the moment this is the finished Tiger, I didn't want to 'overdo' the weathering so I will give it some time before I add anything new.

I added an antenna (about 2m) from an 'e-guitar string'. In some thinner parts I drilled some bullet holes...

So that's it for the moment, I will make a small base-plate later, just some dessert sand and a few small rocks I think...

Thanks for reading and kind regards
Steven

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Very nice Steven. The camo has come out well. Look forward to seeing the base

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Good looking early Tiger. I like the serpentine camo...just enough. creates a lot of interest.

Steven000

WWII and nuts.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
Thanks very much everyone! I appreciated it! Currently very busy at home so I haven't got an update yet...
Cheers, Steven

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
real nice job on her,Steve,do like the amount of weathering your done,and the camo,:thumb2:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Steven
I do like that. Most definitely worth completing. The figure is nice. I always think a figure adds a lot to a vehicle even when not part of a dio.
Jim

Last edited:
First Name
Wouter
Those Italeri kits seem to show their age detailwise but I must admit you made a great Tiggy out of it Steven! Will you bring it with you in a couple of weeks during our formation? :P

Cheers

Steven000

WWII and nuts.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
Thanks guys!

Wouter: Yes these kits are getting old :tongue-out: but I really don't mind, there exellent for painting and airbrush practice :thumb2:. This kit is exactly the same Tiger 1 I've made as a kid, although I remember it was painted grey and there was a large gap in both tracks... :smiling5:

I don't think it would arrive in one piece at work :smiling6:, but nice to know were in the same schooling.

Cheers Steven