Tiger vs Jeep...You're joking !!!

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
I have been exchanging posts with our friend Gern on my last contribution 'Building a 1/35 diorama' when he suggested I incorporated a kubelwagen or similar into the dio. possibly wrecking the bridge and ending up in the stream.

By sheer coincidence I had already done one and he has kindly asked to see some pictures.

The Tiger has wrecked the bridge and the jeep, and has moved up a dry river bed to inspect the damage.

The last photo shows the surround I made, but I wasn't sure it suited so I propped it up with stones for the shot......So just for you, Gern here are a few shots of a departed diorama gone to a new home..bless! :cheers:

Ron

View attachment 19609

View attachment 19610

View attachment 19611

View attachment 19612

View attachment 19613

View attachment 19614

View attachment 19615

View attachment 19616

View attachment 19617

my tanks 092.jpg

my tanks 100.jpg

my tanks 095.jpg

my tanks 096.jpg

my tanks 106.jpg

e.bay 059.jpg

e.bay 046.jpg

e.bay 061.jpg

e.bay 074.jpg

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
sorry, meant to add I messed about with the position of the jeep, hence the magic move across the road!!

Ron

D

deuce11

Really impressed with your diorama..absolutely superb,

isn't 131 the one they have at Bovingdon..?

What did you use for the stream.??

Cheers for posting

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
\ said:
That is some fantastic work Ron. Well done.Andy
Thanks Andy,I wasn't going to submit this but our mate Gern put me up to it!

Ron

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
\ said:
Really impressed with your diorama..absolutely superb,isn't 131 the one they have at Bovingdon..?

What did you use for the stream.??

Cheers for posting
Thank you for the kind words and welcome to the forum.

I hav'nt been a member very long myself, but I have found the people here very friendly and good fun to be amongst.

Not sure about the Tiger tank no. at Bovington but i'm sure someone here will!!!!

Regarding the stream, I use ordinary varnish. Rather than go into detail here if you care to read my recent thread 'Building a 1/35 diorama' I go into more detail there.

Enjoy your stay here, I am!!

:beer:

Ron

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Hi Ron,

Thanks for this! Another good one, and just the sort of thing I had in mind when I made my original comment.

Just to clarify my comment earlier about experts. I remember my dad telling me there were two kinds of expert in this world.

There's the experts who can make even the most complex job look simple.

Then there's the "ex spurts" - ex being 'has been' and spurt being 'drip under pressure' Tee hee!

You definitely fall in the first category, but, alas, the world seems to be full of the second type!

Keep up the good work.

Gern

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Glad you like this one, Gern...It was quite uncanny you suggesting exactly the same for a diorama that I had already done!

I wasn't going to put this one on, but after the great comments from yourself and others, I'm glad I did.

Ron

B

Bunkerbarge

Lovely diorama Ron, you can't beat a well put together scenario to take a model to a whole new dimension.

The river looks very effective as well.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
\ said:
Nice one Ron, i take my hat off to you matey.John
Thanks John, much appreciated.

I was very lucky with this one as someone thought it was good enough to buy.

I was like a Jap in a camera shop, such was my excitement when I flogged it. Luckily I took some pickies before I handed it over.

Anyway, enough of that nonsense... what's next for you, or are you just going to surprise the masses?

Ron

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
\ said:
what's next for you, or are you just going to surprise the masses? Ron
I think i'll leave it as a surprise this time (hehehe), but i've been working on it tonight and the tank is built, now it's the best part, the weathering.

John

jspitza

Jeff
First Name
Jeff
Hi Ron:

I just can't say enough about how awesome this is! I love the subject and the river is one of the best I ever saw!! Thanks for sharing, Jeff

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
\ said:
Hi Ron:I just can't say enough about how awesome this is! I love the subject and the river is one of the best I ever saw!! Thanks for sharing, Jeff
Good to hear from you js. It's always nice to read comments on this forum from people in other parts of the world.

Very kind comments about the river, I don't know if you do dioramas but the effect is so easy...Just paint the river bed in brown, black and green then just give it as many coats of varnish as you want. It really is simple.

Have a go!

Regards to all you colonials 'Across the pond'

Ron

N

noble

Lovely bit of work yet again Ron very nice indeed, you do have a thing for tiger tanks don't you. Anyway nice work yet again mate keep it up hope to see more of your work.

scott

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
\ said:
Lovely bit of work yet again Ron very nice indeed, you do have a thing for tiger tanks don't you. Anyway nice work yet again mate keep it up hope to see more of your work.scott
Thanks for the nice comments, Scott. Yes, I do have a bit of a thing about Tiger tanks, I think they epitimise what a tank should look like, past and present. However, watch this space...............!!

Anything up YOUR sleeve, mate ?

:regards:

Ron