Tim’s Trumpeter KV-7 in 1/35

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Tim,

That's turned out really well indeed and it's it's good to see something different from the 'usual' suspects.

Very well done.

Andrew

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Cheers Andrew. It was nice to have made something different, but it was kind of forced on me. The choice was Hobson’s. It was the only 1/35 WW2 Russian tank kit in the shop…..

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
That looks SUPERB Tim :smiling3:
The guys have said it all really... Certainly a mean looking beast,and your painting finish is the dog's mate!
Cracking Stuff indeed,I love it.
Andy

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Tim. That Exhaust is Killer I really like and it sets the tone for the whole build. The shading is awesome too as well as the cables they turned out great. Thanks for sharing this beautiful execution of the KV and thanks for joining us on this GB. Oh congratulations on the Race Towers Dogs award it was well deserved my friend.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
It's a View attachment 449523
Congratulations Tim, the committee were very impressed. Personally I thought the exhaust stain on the deck was really good. How did you do that please , pigments ?
Thanks John, and my commiserations to the committee. I’m sure their optician will be open again soon….
As to the exhaust stain, that is really simple. I ground up some black artists pastel on 400 wet and dry, and added the stain by brushing it on using an old brush. I used the same technique for the barrel soot. If you want it slightly browned, or even white (some Jerry aircraft gave out almost white deposits) then add in a little burnt umber or white pastel over the top. It mixes really well. I don’t bother “fixing” them because they are slightly greasy and stay on well enough for display. If they were being handled I would probably give them a light overspray of matt varnish.

• Haha
Reactions: JR

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Tim. That Exhaust is Killer I really like and it sets the tone for the whole build. The shading is awesome too as well as the cables they turned out great. Thanks for sharing this beautiful execution of the KV and thanks for joining us on this GB. Oh congratulations on the Race Towers Dogs award it was well deserved my friend.
Cheers Lee. Very kind comments…..and many thanks for running the GB and pushing me out of my comfort rut for a little while. Probably go back to my lawn ornaments now though :thumb2:

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Tim,
You probably mentioned it before,but I couldn't see it.....
What brand paints did you use.... It has an air of a Warhammer finish to it IMHO... In a great way, obviously :smiling3:
Andy

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Cheers Lee. Very kind comments…..and many thanks for running the GB and pushing me out of my comfort rut for a little while. Probably go back to my lawn ornaments now though :thumb2:
Tim. Your welcome glad you enjoy it

Reactions: JR

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Tim,
You probably mentioned it before,but I couldn't see it.....
What brand paints did you use.... It has an air of a Warhammer finish to it IMHO... In a great way, obviously :smiling3:
Andy
Cheers Andy. Paint was mostly by Mr Color, with a few Vallejo washes and artist oils used as well. Don’t think I own any citadel stuff, but I could be wrong. Some of the in house painters used for illustrating war hammer are awesome, so I’ll take that :thumb2: