eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Last edited by a moderator:
P

Polux

Tiny, small, big....the Tiger is always a great tank! And you do it justice Si ;)

Lovely build with a nice weathering.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
You've done it again mate :smiling3: I like that and you wouldn't think it's 1/76

D

Deleted member 3568

thats a great job you've done there Si but comparing it to my Tiger I am no expert but loads of stuff looks out of scale, the wheels are too big the turret is wrong there are loads of differences.i know thats not down to you but how can a kit manufactuer get so many thing out.

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Small tiger and BIG talent very impressive nicely done Si cheers John

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
thats a great job you've done there Si but comparing it to my Tiger I am no expert but loads of stuff looks out of scale, the wheels are too big the turret is wrong there are loads of differences.i know thats not down to you but how can a kit manufactuer get so many thing out.
I suppose it's just a question of scale and manufacturing methods-at 1/76 it is a handful to make despite only having a few parts. Flash wasn't too much of an issue but the fittings had to be trimmed in places-so they have to make it to a size that can be handled and built-only just by me lol. Of course a bigger scale means they can get the sizes better and add more detail.

Glad you like it though Ken, I tried my best with the wee thing.

Si:smiling3:

Last edited by a moderator:

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Mighty impressive Si

Lee :smiling3:

D

dubster72

You can't expect miracles in such a small scale, but I think you've done a great job there Si. I'm guessing it's the old Airfix kit, or maybe the Hasegawa one?

I would have had a King Tiger to keep yours company if there had been a turret in the box! :sad:

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
Last time i tried a tiger in that scale it didn't look like yours i look forward to your next build.

Peter t

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
You can't expect miracles in such a small scale, but I think you've done a great job there Si. I'm guessing it's the old Airfix kit, or maybe the Hasegawa one?I would have had a King Tiger to keep yours company if there had been a turret in the box! :sad:
Shame about the turret Patrick. I had issues with the tracks, struggled to get them stick and then they sprang and so look too loose, but as you say in this scale you have to be careful, too much faffing and it ends up broken...well it did a couple of times so just left it.

Glad you like it Patrick.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Last time i tried a tiger in that scale it didn't look like yours i look forward to your next build.Peter t
To be honest Peter, I surprised myself-I didn't think it would work and look as good as it does. Pleased you like it.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Thanks guys, glad you like it, this was all completed in one day, started at 11ish this morning and finished around 6ish...really enjoyed this one.

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
\ said:
Thanks guys, glad you like it, this was all completed in one day, started at 11ish this morning and finished around 6ish...really enjoyed this one.Si:smiling3:
I thought i was quick:smiling::smiling:.

Peter t

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
great little build Si,and nice paint work with the weathering well done, :smiling3:

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Super work Si. Love that basic base, makes for a neat little presemtation.

R

Ray Scheller

Very, very nice. The tank is superb with outstanding weathering and the use of vegetation was right on.

Ray