Tm'osdell HO scale garden railway

ozdell

Rest In Peace
First Name
Tony
HI Tony its comin on
chris
HI Chris, thanks, haven't being able to do to much work on the layout because of the unstable weather now in February the worsted month for summer being humid, today is cloudy but have two appointments, one to sort out my right eye still causing issues .
See how Saturday is want to get out all the modules and smaller track decking to see how it will fit in back yard, have cut the length back to 38 feet by 31 feet wide.
Tony from down under how are you going

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Chris, thanks, haven't being able to do to much work on the layout because of the unstable weather now in February the worsted month for summer being humid, today is cloudy but have two appointments, one to sort out my right eye still causing issues .
See how Saturday is want to get out all the modules and smaller track decking to see how it will fit in back yard, have cut the length back to 38 feet by 31 feet wide.
Tony from down under how are you going
WHATS up with your eye Tony ? an it will be good to see a train running when do you think it will be ?
chris

ozdell

Rest In Peace
First Name
Tony
WHATS up with your eye Tony ? an it will be good to see a train running when do you think it will be ?
chris
HI Chris, I will chat to you on the email , too much to type on the forum about my eye , I hope to get down to the shed after brekkie, got up late will depend on the the weather is very cloudy here , want to join up the approach module with the station module so I can complete the track work .
How are you going Tony

ozdell

Rest In Peace
First Name
Tony
I have finely worked out how I will build the platforms using cut 16 mm strips of ply or pine for the frame work glue that to the module top , the first platform be the one where the track is only 5/16 inches from the edge be a island platform as the be further expansion of triple track and another platform. become the terminus platforms.

20210201_134826.jpg

Pic two the plastic sheets I be using for the platform top

20210311_124340.jpg

Final pic, I moved the double slip over more towards the edge of the module so I can add in two more points to access the terminus platforms and get to use my late uncles Roco point which is powered , using a SPST switch does work .can manually switch as well, much easier to wire than the Peco motors.

20210311_151409.jpg

Tony from down under, hope to get down to the shed again this afternoon to join up the track on both approach and station modules .

ozdell

Rest In Peace
First Name
Tony
I found I moved the double slip cross over too far over, so I fixed it yesterday and I got to use my late uncles Roco point is powered and manual switching , there is another change the two points close to the edge of the module has to be changed swapping around the points still giving better access coming from the first platform track onto either centre or outside track main line .
Also be putting in a point in front of the first track of three to a siding for shunting the Indian Pacific when it arrives in Perth WA, lots of shunting fun where the third throttle comes in

20210314_163051.jpg

Not much chance in getting down to the shed this week raining today and tomorrow possible storm and get this 22 degrees , 23 tomorrow , 22 over night

Tony from wet down under

ozdell

Rest In Peace
First Name
Tony
That's some mighty complex trackage. PaulE
HI PaulE thanks have finely finished that module ready to join the track up to the station module when it stops raining being raining all week , storm Friday, the track be accessing about 7 platform track

20210316_111944.jpg

The last two tracks close to the front of the pic, I will be able to now move the second last track over more once I join up the two modules when the weather clears , I might switch the two crossovers around because I only need a single slip for the centre track, the cross overs be powered , have to buy extensions for the shaft .

20210316_112001.jpg

Tony from wet down under

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
MY GOD Tony you certauintly like your points dont you as i did in my railway they really set the layout offf
chris

ozdell

Rest In Peace
First Name
Tony
MY GOD Tony you certauintly like your points dont you as i did in my railway they really set the layout offf
chris
Hi Chris, yeah get the most out railway keeps the controller on his toes. It didn't rain today s I made the most of it, joining the approach and station modules together, I decided not to use the brass strips on the rails this time, going for linking the two tracks with a centre track has worked better than I thought . Will linking the bus wires together using plugs that goes straight to the main bus wire connector strips. Wiring comes later need to sort out the module legs so they can fold inwards will have feed on the bottom of the legs so the legs don't sink into the grass too much .

20210319_150409.jpg

Tony from down under .

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Love the bridge Tony, any more photos please.

ozdell

Rest In Peace
First Name
Tony
Love the bridge Tony, any more photos please.
Hi John, many thanks, are you talking about this bridge ,yeah very happy with it the way it turned out and the design actually worked, got it from a Russian design, I plan to have sky divers and hang gliders jump off the bridge . I have a spiral that comes after the corner approach module to gain height of 6 inches , the station modules are in the centre of the layout continuous running from platform to platform.. Tony

20201110_131714.jpg

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi John, many thanks, are you talking about this bridge ,yeah very happy with it the way it turned out and the design actually worked, got it from a Russian design, I plan to have sky divers and hang gliders jump off the bridge . I have a spiral that comes after the corner approach module to gain height of 6 inches , the station modules are in the centre of the layout continuous running from platform to platform.. Tony

View attachment 417309
Thanks Tony, that photo certainly shows the size well. I did notice the construction method in the earlier photo, an excellent way of forming the curve and very strong.:thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:

ozdell

Rest In Peace
First Name
Tony
Thanks Tony, that photo certainly shows the size well. I did notice the construction method in the earlier photo, an excellent way of forming the curve and very strong.:thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:
HI John many thanks yeah those curves that link the station module , curves close to the edge 30 inch and outer curves 3 foot, be ably to to run my ICE3 high speed train through those points at speed, will to a test run first. Here is a you tube video of the Indian Pacific arriving at Sydney Central station the train is so long they have to split the train,14 cars on one platform and 14 on the other, GSR always have two NR class locos to get the IP over the Blue mountains and into Sydney what I have based my layout on

I hope this link works enjoy what I plan to do with my Indian Pacific, can make up another 10 passenger cars to make up the 28 car train very long indeed Tony from down under, video clip didn't work any idea on how to post you tube video clips

ozdell

Rest In Peace
First Name
Tony
Here is a video of the Indian Pacific arriving into Sydney, what I have based my layout on lets hope it works . Bingo it did well enjoy because I plan to pull the same scene with my IP train can make up 28 passenger cars , can't wait , all goes well trains running in July first circuit

ozdell

Rest In Peace
First Name
Tony
I have finely finish rebuilding how my module legs fold inwards, the legs sit one on top of each other, took some thought, because the bolt was in the way I had to modify the leg by screwing on a piece of pine to make the leg wider, it works, all my modules will have the method, spending more time on the layout now, spent three afternoons .

Depending on the weather if I get a chance to start on the second station module, decided to have all the station modules with legs .

Fist pic with the bolted in pace, second pic with the folded on top of each other , third pic one folded in place, in pic one I screwed two 12 pieces of ply so that leg can fold on top of the other

20210329_155153.jpg20210329_155556.jpg20210329_155939.jpg20210329_155949.jpg

Final pic working on the second set of legs with the double pieces of ply , the added piece had to be smaller for the wires to clear the add on , I also moved down the block strips ,can them them in next pic up , I will work on all the station modules, the approach module will be after them as the corner module ., lots to do keep me busy .

Tony from down under

ozdell

Rest In Peace
First Name
Tony
The first station module in nearly finished with track laying onlt two lengths of track to go then the fun begins with making up the bus wire harnesses with the feeder wires soldered .

20210413_161327.jpg

20210413_161350.jpg

The second pic the arrows show the direction of the train , in the shed be a seven foot radius curve double track , later I plan to change the point close to the cross over with a single slip cross over, so the Ghan can leave the same way as way the real train leaves Adelaide , will come later after the first circuit is up and running..

I still may use the brass strips to hold the track down as forth track is close to the end of the photo , will do that on the patio hopefully my wife let me . Tony from nice down under.

ozdell

Rest In Peace
First Name
Tony
Back on track the three main line track has being joined up again using brass plated plates , will have to cut a grove in the brass to stop the shorting of the track .I was planning to start the bus wiring today , the heavens were not helping, rained on and off most of the day, be the same again tomorrow, hopping be fine .

I am looking at making up some Gide rails where I can lift up to pack the modules away , any ideas????

The second module is held in place with one screw .

20210426_145130.jpg20210426_145222.jpg

The above pic I had to use a hinge to hold the other end in place, I am hopping to drive a test loco over the module join

20210426_145341.jpg

Next pic above is how I line the track up every time , a bit more work , makes it easy when setting the modules up and no need in getting down i=on my knees.

DSC_7264.jpg

Final pic will be my next project, I have two big boy kits ,will use the drive wheels from the first big boy , the boiler will have to be scratch built, down the track I plan to get powered 4-8-4 drive wheels and use the centre boiler and tenders , very costly loco to buy about $1,000 AU, good thing is the drive are the same size . Tony from wet down under.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Tony

That is coming on very nicely. Apologies got a bit behind and that is a very expensive loco:dizzy:.

ATB.

Andrew