Dave
Ouch,

that looks to be up there with
Do not rub your eye after chopping chillies

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Bob I know how you feel as a couple of yrs ago I got some super glue in my eye an it nearly blinded me an yes it hurt like hell an ended up in A/E now yourself have you been to A/E ? an did you splash water in your eye ?
chris

Mr Bowcat

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Chris, luckily my contact lense caught most of it, so I immediately washed the eye with water, took the lense out the squirted saline in my eye. I don't think a trip to A&E is necessary, unless I start having vision problems.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Chris, luckily my contact lense caught most of it, so I immediately washed the eye with water, took the lense out the squirted saline in my eye. I don't think a trip to A&E is necessary, unless I start having vision problems.

WELL Bob I know nobody wants to be in A/E on xmas eve or any day but if it was me id go just to make sure your eye is ok but if you leave it an it gets worse well ? an remember you only get one set that's what the doc told me an he gave me some speiecl crème to put in it to ease the pain but up to you
chris

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Bit of bad luck there Bob mate...remember that the contact lens is probably toast as well, they are very porous so it will almost certainly still have solvent in the lens despite cleaning and soaking.

Reactions: JR

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Ooh nasty Bob, Id suggest you do get it checked, looks like burn reaction to me. A&E would probably would prescribe antibiotics or antifungal medicine into the eye. You may also get a steroid to reduce swelling and any infection after another full washing out.
Do hope you don't just leave it.

Mr Bowcat

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Cheers guys.

Tim, lense was binned, I wear fortnightly's so will just fit a new pair tomorrow.

Didn't bother with A&E, the redness subsided quickly as did the pain. I think probably the thinner just made my eye react. :smiling3:

If I'm blind in one eye tomorrow you can all tell me you told me so. :-D

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
OK Bob but if I was you do like I do an when you use any modelling stuff put on safety glasses to be safe as what amazes me thinkin of all the dirctions for stuff to go its got to go in the eyes
chris

Reactions: JR

Bortig the Viking

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Don't get Tamiya acrylic thinned with MLT in your eye. It hurts, a lot!

Scroll down for pic, unless you're squeamish about eyes.

View attachment 367699
Ooh, looks like that hurt, I've heard stamping on your foot helps, well it takes your mind of it anyhow, LOL , I always wear glasses so that protects mine.

Last edited:

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Ouch ! Luckily it didnt do anyharm apart from the redness and initial sting. Ive had paint and thinners in mine and the thinners stings , the paint wasnt too bad as it was water based acrylic so a good flushing sorted that . Nowadays ive always got reading glasses on to bring things close up into focus , so protected , if unintentionally! Im surprised ive never had something ping out the tweezers into my eye , i do it often enough!!

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Wow Bob,

Good to hear that it was not as bad as one first thought. I too have to say I'm lucky as I have to wear my optivisor to do about everything at the table. It has saved me a few times from parts and etch pinging everywhere and towards my eyes. Take care and have a Merry Christmas!!!

Prost
Allen

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Good news, both eyes intact and new lenses in with no discomfort. :smiling3:
HI Bob wow you was lucky an like me let that be a lesson to you think safety before you do things as this modelin lark is dangerous as I found out as we all learn the hard an painfull way an HAPPY CHRISTMAS an don't over eat lol
chris