Tonight,Long stick goes Boom.

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Andy, Verrrrrrrrrrrrrrry interesting....and some great progress I might add. the gage panel is the bomb and you have given me an idea for a future build. Rick H. :thumb2:
That`s Verrrrrrrrrrrrrry kind of you thanks Rick;)!!
C`mon then,spill the Beans....... What`s this idea that you now have?,,,,,,,, I`m sure i`m not the only one to be curious!!:thinking::tongue-out:
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
P.S......... Because my description was probably rubbish,here is the fan assembly i`m trying to do......
Gen 3.jpg
The pics not great but you get the idea ref the fan blades. :thumb2:
Andy

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Happy New Year mate. Have you had much snow in Bovey? Nice update. Looks like you are into the detailing stages. Keep it comin my friend

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Happy New Year mate. Have you had much snow in Bovey? Nice update. Looks like you are into the detailing stages. Keep it comin my friend
Hi Steve,
Thanks mate....... and a "HAPPY NEW YEAR" to you too:hugging-face:,
No snow here as yet,although it`s certainly cold enough today! We can see Hound Tor from our landing,and it`s been white up there for a few days now:fearful:.

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Well,I have a modicum of progress to report!
The replacement fan started like this,with 3 bits of plasticard cut and shaped to make it look a bit more like the three bladed type in the pic......
IMG20201231172342.jpg
and all together,with the cut down screw cap set into more plasticard to form the bulkhead........
IMG20210101173742.jpg
That`s all in and painted now,but,even though i took some artistic license and painted the blades Bronze,it`s so dark that you still can`t see it!!
Next i did the two side door panels,that i want to be opened.I THINK that the sound proofing was provided by a crude layer of a kind of Horse Hair type substance,this i tried to replicate by cutting a thicker piece of card and stippled it with Vallejo Earth Texture.........
IMG20210107172214.jpg
The small piece of card is to form the support for the fire extinguisher.The textured pices were then glued to the back of the doors.These werethen positioned slightly off set from each other,to give a bit of variation,stays will be added when i start detailing it all......
IMG20210108150459.jpg
The top is just plonked on the running gear to give a general idea..........
IMG20210108150518.jpg
That`s it so far,next is the extinguisher,followed by all the dirty,enginey type stuff to go in the left hand compartment,that will then be the basic construction done,and time to detail it all up:hugging-face:!
as always,all thoughts,comments or plain ole abuse very welcomed!!
Thanks for looking in,
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
As a bit of an aside,the figures for the Bofor`s Gun Crew turned up Yesterday(There is a crew in the Kit`s contents,but they`re American,and i need British Guys.......
On first look i was very pleased as they are nicely done........
IMG20210105135444.jpg
Now this might well be just me being dumb,but in the past when i`ve bought kits,the Grey`d out bits were the ones that you didn`t get,the coloured stuff you do:thumb2:,so i realised that the ammo boxes and rounds going into the gun`s breech wouldn`t be included.HOWEVER.......
IMG20210105135435.jpg
The 3rd "Starred" line down says "Ammo parts not included"...... and it really does mean ALL the ammo........ even the coloured rounds that the loaders are carrying!!:flushed:........ So you get some very nicely done crew offering up empty hands to load the gun!!:dizzy:
It`s probably just me,but surely you`d expect to get at least the ammo that the poses are suited for?!!
Andy,Confused,from Devon!!

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Me Again!!
Back with another purchase..... I need an Officer type for the scene so bought these.....
IMG20210111160507.jpg
Not sure exactly which one yet,none of them are Ideal for the role,but it definitely WON`T be the Guy in the Kilt!!;),Actually figures are going to be a bit of a pain really,as i can`t find any to fill the roll of Searchlight Crew and Gunner!
A small update,i spent ALL Sunday afternoon cobbling bits together to try and replicate THIS.....
Gen 4.jpg
.... eventually i ended up with the base from a Tamiya "Tank Repair Crew" kit which is a Panther engine apparently,mixed with some plasticard,nylon washers,cotton,random pipework bits and bit of cut sprue,which looked like this.......
IMG20210110180031.jpg
You`ll hardly be able to see any of it once fitted,judging by the fan assembly i could paint this luminous pink and you STILL won`t notice it!! Here it is in a base of OD!!!!......
IMG20210110200756.jpg
I will put some detail painting on it next,before i put it in...... but it`s probably a waste of time!!:anguished:
Thanks for looking in,and feel free to criticise comment!!
Andy

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hi Andy.......looks like you are in the market for some 40mm ammo in 4 round clips. That gun looks hungry, better get a bunch when you locate it. I like the "O" in the kilt....might be a b*gger to paint though. The jenny is coming on great........too bad about the power plant being covered up, it looks to be nicely detailed. Rick H. :thumb2:

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Sorry Any rather late to this one must have been the cryptic heading?, couldn't agree more with the figure thing all box art should include only whats in the box ,armour kit box art is a prime one ,the kit wouldn't be half as enticing without the crew dangling from the turret some of it that bad almost like you buying thoes figures under false pretences. Dave

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Andy, so delicate once broken considered sold...it's not broken but I'm sold. The engine looks the part...you must find a way to getting it seen but not luminous pink. :smiling5:

Cheers,
Richard