Tonight,Long stick goes Boom.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Very nice indeed Andy, loving the sound proofing, certainly looks right.
Say hi to Rach from Christine and me please.

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Hi Andy.......looks like you are in the market for some 40mm ammo in 4 round clips. That gun looks hungry, better get a bunch when you locate it. I like the "O" in the kilt....might be a b*gger to paint though. The jenny is coming on great........too bad about the power plant being covered up, it looks to be nicely detailed. Rick H. :thumb2:
Rick,Firstly..........,"CHEERS":smiling:
I most certainly am mate,the crates of unspent ammo i have looked at,and am confident that i can scratch those myself.... although i`m still not sure where i can get the clips of rounds yet:flushed:?!
The "O" is a conundrum still,I`m basing this entire thing as on the original film.....therefore the "Kilt Guy" is out!!
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Sorry Any rather late to this one must have been the cryptic heading?, couldn't agree more with the figure thing all box art should include only whats in the box ,armour kit box art is a prime one ,the kit wouldn't be half as enticing without the crew dangling from the turret some of it that bad almost like you buying thoes figures under false pretences. Dave
Hi Dave,
You`re not "Late"...... Just not as "Early" as some....... But it`s great to see you here now:thumb2:,
I have to agree with you re the Box art stuff...... It`s ok ,in my opinion,if the box art completely GREY`S out the stuff you don`t get...... but it appears to me,that some companies don`t use the same rules...... therefore,people can get caught out!.....
........In NO WAY am i making a big deal of this,after all,it`s a first world problem......... and CERTAINLY not worth complaining about really.... I just find it annoying:surprised:.
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
I'm loving the scratchery, Andy! This is going to be a totally unique piece, can't wait
HA!!....... It`ll be "Unique" for sure Neil...... Although not exactly something to behold!!:tears-of-joy:
I`m very pleased that you are so enthusiastic about the outcome,for once,i`m completely out of my comfort zone all the way through:flushed:
BUT,(And this is just between you and me),i do have fairly high hopes for the outcome of the final Dio...... although i will still qualify that with my Limited Scratchbuilding History!!
I hope it doesn`t let you down!
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Andy, so delicate once broken considered sold...it's not broken but I'm sold. The engine looks the part...you must find a way to getting it seen but not luminous pink. :smiling5:

Cheers,
Richard
Cheers Richard,
Thanks very much for that..... I`ll do my best to see how i can try to show the "LUMP":hugging-face:
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Great stuff Andy. BTW I just had a chat with Patrick Head and he would like to copy your engine for the 2021 F1 season.

John
Cheers John,
Long time no see Sir:thumb2:
Not so sure about the F1 Team mind........ after all,I`m just BOUND to run out of spare Sprue!!:dizzy::tears-of-joy:
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Very nice indeed Andy, loving the sound proofing, certainly looks right.
Say hi to Rach from Christine and me please.
Cheers John,glad you like what i`m doing so far:thumb2:,
I`ve passed on your,and Christine`s thoughts to Rach,and she`s said"HAPPY NEW YEAR,and keep safe"to you both:cool:
Andy

• Love
Reactions: JR

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
More great work Andy, keep this up it might be worth taking it up as a hobby?
Hi Mick,
Thanks for that,much appreciated:thumb2:,
...... If i could retire then i might consider it,as i`d need all that extra time to try and improve:flushed:......
..... unfortunately i have to work,so will have to remain a limited "Wannabe" for ever!!!:dizzy: :tears-of-joy:
Andy

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Hi Mick,
Thanks for that,much appreciated:thumb2:,
...... If i could retire then i might consider it,as i`d need all that extra time to try and improve:flushed:......
..... unfortunately i have to work,so will have to remain a limited "Wannabe" for ever!!!:dizzy: :tears-of-joy:
Andy
I know that feeling pal, I'm sat at work now watching the rain pour down and hoping my phone and radio stay quiet all night :sleeping2:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I know that feeling pal, I'm sat at work now watching the rain pour down and hoping my phone and radio stay quiet all night :sleeping2:
Feel for you Mick.
I'm about to have some tea, watch some tv and do nothing . Hope you don't get bothered.

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Sucks doesn`t it Mick...... this work lark!!:tired:
Hope you had a quiet night,I`ve managed to cut down to a 4 day week so i shouldn`t grumble........
..... but i still do!!:tears-of-joy:

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Right then Guys,a proper update coming up.......
I added some Garish,Dirty paint to the engine.......
IMG20210112183912.jpg
...... and here it is in it`s home,this pic has extreme flash just to show the fan,scratched extinguisher and motor in detail,it looks very harsh!!!!......
IMG20210114181057.jpg
and to redress the balance,here it is in natural dark light.........
IMG20210114180903.jpg
So then,i`m pleased to say that i`m calling this one "Done",until the final weathering,once it`s on the dio:smiling6:.It`s been good fun this scratching business...... When i started i wanted to get something looking vaguely like this.........
Search 1.jpg
....and after much wailing and gnashing of teeth i`ve ended up with this.....
IMG20210115111812.jpg
On reflection,if i was to do these again,i`d have the wheels higher on their suspension,but i`m happy overall.Next to do is the AA gun position,(It`s just a single Lewis MG bolted to a steel post!),and then back to an actual KIT!!(The Bedford Truck).
As always,your thoughts and hints/tips are much appreciated,:thumb2:
Andy

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Andy
Well Sir I'm impressed. Some fine scratching going on. Figures look nice. I did the MiniArt guy on the right as a stand alone figure. They are all nicely done.
Jim

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hi Andy, Looks to me, you have done a great job of reproducing both of these....your scratchery has paid high dividends and I am looking forward to the rest of this project. :thumb2:
Rick H.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Great finish Andy,
Welcome to the club of scratching...you'll find it very contagious and recurring. :smiling6:

Cheers,
Richard