Tonight,Long stick goes Boom.

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
The Bofors I built I'm sure it had loads of ammo included.
Not to be a wet rag but I hope you get the figures to fit better than me, I gave up.
Thanks for the hint on the figures Ian,i got them together,well,all but one...... and you`re spot on,they are a pain!:tired:
There are 3 clips of ammo in the Bofors kit,which i shall use,but i still think the Bronco crew should have been supplied with some!

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Well then Guys,
It`s been a manic 3/4 weeks,but although i hadn`t got a lot of progress done,i have been busy gathering things for the final Dio,and actually made a start on the Truck that i mentioned early on in this Thread...... a PROPER kit again after all that scratching,and it feels very relaxing just shoving bits of plastic together without having to decide how to go about it! :thumb2: So then,the IBG Models "Bedford QLT,just built up the chassis,the majority of the Load bed and various other Sub assemblies........
Truck04.jpg
Truck02.jpg
The Cab is slightly tricky as it`ll require painting as i go for ease of access..... hardly any of it will be seen mind........
Truck03.jpg
No stress so far,although early days obviously.Next is the kit i got for the Motorcyclist,it`s more expensive than your average bike kit...... but you do get A LOT of stuff for your money........
Bit cop2.jpg
Looking forward to getting stuck into that!! The final news,for now..... The AA MG position,this is what i`m trying to reproduce.......
IMG2aamg2.jpg
Sorry for the poor pic,it`s basically just a Lewis Gum,bolted to a post and placed in a square sand bagged area thought of making my own sand bags but decided against it when i saw THIS........
aamg2.jpg
I`ll make the post from simple Box Plastistruct,the Lewis is from a Riich Models Commonwealth Weapons Set,(I shan`t be using the Bipod stand shown),
So there it is up to date,much to do and contemplate,but the good news is that it`s still thoroughly enjoyable!!:thumb2:
As always,thanks for looking in Chaps,and as usual,all hints,tips ...... or plain old abuse is more than welcome!!
Cheers for now,
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Well then Guys,
It`s been quite a while since i posted on this Dio....... in my defence,i was trying to work out how to answer SO many comments that you`ve all left!:flushed::thinking::tears-of-joy::tears-of-joy::tears-of-joy:,
HOWEVER,i have been toiling away,but mainly with problems that don`t make interesting Blog type stuff:surprised:
So then,the Truck..... a very enjoyable build mostly.........
trucky5.jpg
trucky2.jpg
Obviously the weathering was to be done much later,alongside the detailing stuff.....then i encountered "THE CAB" :poop:.......!!!!!!!
Yes,LITERALLY a complete pile of crap...... i can`t understand how they could make such a great little truck to build...... and then TOTALLY ruin the experience with a cab thats next to no contact points,poorly fits and needs SO MUCH trimmimg........ I must admit that this very nearly ,went into the bin:worried:...... it may still!!
:worried:
trucky dash.jpg
That was my basic effort on the cab`s details....... now i wish i hadn`t bothered!!:sad:
Not looking good EH?!!.......Yeah i totally agree,i`ll make an effort to make it acceptable for the Dio....... MAYBE!!
Some more,of the other stuff to follow...... I kinda consider this part as a bit of a smack in the face!!
Back soon,
Andy

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Andy

Don't let it beat you! I have every confidence in your abilities.

ATB.

Andrew

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
That's an unfortunate state of affairs Andy. Please don't bin it, certainly not like you to throw in the towel.
Let's see some Smithy action please :nerd::thumb2:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Andy, I'm with JR and the others.........seen you do this before, should be fun with a great outcome....I'll stay tuned. Rick H.

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Stick with it Andy even if only for your hate for it, I still can't under stand why manufacturers put so much into into the chassis when ninty percent cant even be seen then give you a poorly detailed (and in your case fitting) cab wich could be displayed open the same I always think goes for the engine leave the bonnet up to display the badly detailed lump of after thought plastic supplied. Dave

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
OK Then.... The Cab RAMMED Rested into position:thumb2:.......
....... I think not,..............it was an horrendous assembly and even after ripping it all apart 3 times,i only ended up with this.......
:astonished:
Truck latest .jpg
truck bad.jpg
It`s a real shame,cos i thought it`d be a decent kit....... but i STILL don`t want to abandon it!!:astonished:,HOWEVER,you can see here,just how bad the fit is..... even with pulling apartr,cutting/filling and then re assembling.....(I might add,"With some severe clamps and bands"!!),this was the best i could manage.....the carnage of small bits being lost to the carpet monster is self evident in the pics,due to my bullying to get things as close as possible,fitwise!!
I have much of a way to go..... if i give it that much time.........
....... I spent SO much of my own time building,and trying to get,the Searchlight / Genny to be correct,i don`t want to spoil the whole Diorama just because i crow bar an unacceptable truck into the scene! I will try and get it right......
But as STYX once said......
..... "Hang man is coming down from the Gallows and i don`t have very long"!!!!;)
I shall reply to your kind posts shortly.... and show some progress i`ve made on other aspects of this Dio :thumb2:,
Thanks as always for looking in guys,it`s ALWAYS appreciated..... but even more so when things become tiresome!!
Andy

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
L
OK Then.... The Cab RAMMED Rested into position:thumb2:.......
....... I think not,..............it was an horrendous assembly and even after ripping it all apart 3 times,i only ended up with this.......
:astonished:
View attachment 416150
View attachment 416249
It`s a real shame,cos i thought it`d be a decent kit....... but i STILL don`t want to abandon it!!:astonished:,HOWEVER,you can see here,just how bad the fit is..... even with pulling apartr,cutting/filling and then re assembling.....(I might add,"With some severe clamps and bands"!!),this was the best i could manage.....the carnage of small bits being lost to the carpet monster is self evident in the pics,due to my bullying to get things as close as possible,fitwise!!
I have much of a way to go..... if i give it that much time.........
....... I spent SO much of my own time building,and trying to get,the Searchlight / Genny to be correct,i don`t want to spoil the whole Diorama just because i crow bar an unacceptable truck into the scene! I will try and get it right......
But as STYX once said......
..... "Hang man is coming down from the Gallows and i don`t have very long"!!!!;)
I shall reply to your kind posts shortly.... and show some progress i`ve made on other aspects of this Dio :thumb2:,
Thanks as always for looking in guys,it`s ALWAYS appreciated..... but even more so when things become tiresome!!
Andy
Ha, don't worry my dear friend;) looks like one of my well manufactured models after I've attacked it. Coat of paint and it will be perfect. Say Hi to Rach from us.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Attsa stubborn little critter alright but I have every confidence you'll kick it's little a*rse into line. ;) Rick H.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
That fit is ‘orrible ...... I think you’ll beat it though!

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
That's an unfortunate state of affairs Andy. Please don't bin it, certainly not like you to throw in the towel.
Let's see some Smithy action please :nerd::thumb2:
Hi John,
Yes,it is indeed! I really don`t want to...... but if it doesn`t fit the purpose,Dio wise,then it`ll be filed in BIN 1 N...... and an alternative kit sourced!!
As you say,i don`t normally "Throw in the Towel"..... but sometimes needs must!!:angry:
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Andy, I'm with JR and the others.........seen you do this before, should be fun with a great outcome....I'll stay tuned. Rick H.
Hi Rick,
Thanks for your confidence in me!!:smiling2:.........
...... I just hope i can rescue something from this rubbish...... I have to admit that i`m doubting it mind!!:flushed:
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Stick with it Andy even if only for your hate for it, I still can't under stand why manufacturers put so much into into the chassis when ninty percent cant even be seen then give you a poorly detailed (and in your case fitting) cab wich could be displayed open the same I always think goes for the engine leave the bonnet up to display the badly detailed lump of after thought plastic supplied. Dave
Hey Dave,Great to hear from you!
Thanks for the positive Vibes man!!:thumb2:,I do appreciate it !
I do agree with you 100%.... why on earth do they put so much effort into details/parts that you`ll NEVER see..... and skip around some,oh so obvious bits?!!:flushed:,
I`ll stick with it for a while..... but then it may end up with a different Bedford!!
Andy