Tonight,Long stick goes Boom.

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Attsa stubborn little critter alright but I have every confidence you'll kick it's little a*rse into line. ;) Rick H.
Sorry Rick,missed you there......
Yeah,it`s one of the worst i`ve come across...... but i`m nothing if not determined!!!:thumb2:
Appreciate your support mate,most welcomed!!:cool:

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
SO THEN.... A little progress on OTHER things for this Dio.........
SANDBAGS..... got a LOAD of grouped stuff,now trying to get them right,painting wise........
sandbags 106.jpg
I know that a LOT of people say this,BUT.......
IT LOOKS SO MUCH BETTER in life!!.......
Andy

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Andy, sorry to hear about the encounter of bad fitting...are you sure you didn't see the piece of duck tape they provided in the kit box. :smiling6: Jokes aside seriously real old British truck doors don't fit well either because of bloated rubber seals or hinge alignment adjustments loosening up. Even the Land Rover series suffer poor fit. So go easy on yourself...paint, dirt and rust will always cover up any gaps and glue on ground vehicles kits.

Good way to cool off with sand bag filling. :smiling2:

Cheers,
Richard

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
You've got this Andy, after all this punishment I'm sure it will finally concede to you. Keep fighting ;)

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Andy

Well done for peservering. The cab doesn't look great but that's not your fault and just remember that the camera picks up things you won't see with the naked eye at a normal distance.

ATB.

Andrew

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
That truck cab does look a pain Andy, poor fit on models is disheartening. Can you leave the cab door open? Might make it less obvious.
Richard, two man made things can be seen from space, The Great Wall of China and the gap between the door & bulkhead on a Land Rover Defender......:dizzy:

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Hi Andy, sorry to hear about the encounter of bad fitting...are you sure you didn't see the piece of duck tape they provided in the kit box. :smiling6: Jokes aside seriously real old British truck doors don't fit well either because of bloated rubber seals or hinge alignment adjustments loosening up. Even the Land Rover series suffer poor fit. So go easy on yourself...paint, dirt and rust will always cover up any gaps and glue on ground vehicles kits.

Good way to cool off with sand bag filling. :smiling2:

Cheers,
Richard
HA!! No Ductape in this kit Richard i can assure you!!......
With my time in the RAF..... I`d CERTAINLY remember seeing that staple!!
Yep,i was going to go with certain elements to sort it.... but NO!!....
That just ain`t gonna happen Bro`!!:dizzy:
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
You've got this Andy, after all this punishment I'm sure it will finally concede to you. Keep fighting ;)
You are SO right Mick... I should`ve... and even,should be..... BUT look on and see the tale of the tape;)
I just caved in!!:dizzy:
Andy

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Andy,
Glad you stuck with it. I have an unfinished IBG build as well due to the bad fit of everything.

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Andy

Well done for peservering. The cab doesn't look great but that's not your fault and just remember that the camera picks up things you won't see with the naked eye at a normal distance.

ATB.

Andrew
Hello Andrew,thank you for your support... I really do appreciate it buddy:thumb2:,
I`ve done my best to fight the good fight!!:nerd: BUT NO!! It just didn`t fit.... Look on buddy.......

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
That truck cab does look a pain Andy, poor fit on models is disheartening. Can you leave the cab door open? Might make it less obvious.
Richard, two man made things can be seen from space, The Great Wall of China and the gap between the door & bulkhead on a Land Rover Defender......:dizzy:
Hi Graeme,
It really is a pain.....however,the only positive is the fact that i`m slowly getting used to how to post relevent,and descent pics of my progress!
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Evenin` Guys,
Sorry it`s taken so long to reply/update what i`d promised...... life`s very weird at the moment eh !! :astonished:
..... and none so strange as i fear THAT BLASTED TRUCK :flushed:.......
.... You all know how much grace i gave that Truck,and tried repairs/filling over again....
....Only for Rach to come in and express a desire to see,"This Bloody kit you keep moaning about,"..... fair enough thought i,and handed it over to her delicate,female hands....
..... SUDDENDLY,it flew out of her tiny Devonian hands, and was basically,SLAM DUNKED into my carpet monster!!:tired:
Here`s the proof......

:thumb2:
Truck  bad late.jpg
Yeah,i know what you`re thinking
, however,i`ve invested far TOO MUCH TIME IN THIS TRUCK to put up with all the hassle!
I WILL rebuild it for some other type of dio.... probably a wreck...... but THIS turned up this afternoon to take it`s place:thumb2:,and considering the original thing i was trying to represent was THISDio4.jpg
...... then the failing of the original Bedford,was possibly meant to be!!
Here`s what I bought,(amazing service,bought Friday night,delivered this morning),I do like these guys,would recommend them.....
New Truck.jpg
I am now moving on with the Bike,
It`s one of these,as i`m sure you know..... A good old Triumph:cool:!!
Dio 1.jpg
For some reason the site seems to be playing up at the mo?!..... Was ghonna post more,and make it more interesting to read,but i had to back track,and re do stuff so much that i got bored!!
Loving your stuff out there Guys,Superb!!
Andy

Last edited:

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Hello Guys!
Long time,no see......... I have been doing bits and Bobs mind :nerd: .......
No matter HOW MUCH i want to turn my back on THAT Truck..... I just can`t bring myself to forget it!!:astonished:..... It`s not that i`m tight,there`s just something that keeps me coming back to it..... filling,filing,patching up.... and breakingt MORE bits off in the process :flushed::flushed::loudly-crying::tears-of-joy:,here it is at present,(STILL severely in need of further repair!!),
:rolling::rolling:
Trucky9 - Copy.jpg
But,the stubbornness within me will not let me give up on it!!?:rolling:
Anyway,good news... the rest of the Sandbag resin stuff arrived today,that should give me enough to complete the revetments that i want to portray:thumb2:,I`ve also made serious inroads on the Triumph........
B3.jpg
So far i will say it`s a cracking kit! The etch type build of the spokes are identical to the MiniArt method,BUT,the tyres are made of 2 halves,rather than the 3 stage build in the MiniArt offerings.That may sound like a picky difference,(and in NO WAY am i saying one method is better than the other),but i do find that the simplified Double part assembly makes the situating of the etch spokes SO much easier....... that may just be down to my lack of skills,but i have done 8 Motorcycle/Combi builds of various makers,and i`m just expressing my opinions.
It`s all good fun....... i just wish i had the time to build that Mr Race has!!:tears-of-joy::tears-of-joy:
(Just kidding John,Love to Christine),
Cheers for now Chaps,
Andy

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Good stuff bud. Bike looks nice and the truck is too good to give up on!

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Andy,
Glad you haven't given up on the truck. The bike looks very good.
Thanks Scottie..... That`s very well received mate :thumb2:
I do appreciate your support,a top guy is always a massive boost!!:cool:
More soon...... ish!!!:tears-of-joy:
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Good stuff bud. Bike looks nice and the truck is too good to give up on!
TIM!! Awesome to hear from you mate:thumb2:
Thank you for your continued support on this build,as you probably know,when things drag on to make a largish Dio,it can SAP the impetus,and you can feel like it`s just an endless task,with no outside interest!:loudly-crying:
Of course,i don`t model for other people..... but it`s ALWAYS nice,(In my opinion anyway),that what you`re doing is interesting to SOMEONE ELSE at least!!
The Truck WILL live on!!
Andy

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Your truck challenge is starting to pay dividends.....I'd say you almost have it whipped into shape Andy.
Good on you for hanging in there. :thumb2:
Rick H.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Always interested mate, just don’t always post like I should. I know exactly what you mean about larger projects Andy. The way I approach them is to break them down into smaller sub-units and treat each sub-unit as a model in its own right. As they say, you eat the elephant one bite at a time.