Tony's Lavochkin La-5

M

msm2

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
I fly the La-5 in Warbirds. Excellent little plane. Although the La-7 is better lol. Thought about building one of these kits. Will defo watch this one

M

msm2

Picking the PE and paint next week,so a few more pics to follow. Tony

B

bikerbart

Love the look of this kit Tony, great choice, looking forward to watching the build, regards Martin :smiling:

M

msm2

Cheers Martin. I am really looking forward to build the kit. Tony

G

garethm

You will enjoy the build, instuctions are a bit vague but detail is good, especially if it as good as the la-5fn.

Gareth.

M

msm2

I have noticed that the instructions are vague and some of the parts numbers dont match up. I have 2 sprues dated 2007 and the other 2009,erm. Just started to paint some of the smaller components. May get a La-5fn next month to add to the stash. Tony..

N

noble

Tony thats a nice looking kit can't wait to see what your going to do with it.

scott

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Tony, don't know a great deal about Russian WW2 aircraft but looks an interesting kit. I've never built a Zvezda kit either so I'll be interested to see how much of a struggle/breeze it is to build (looks like you've already come across the first tweak - hopefully this and any others will be very minor).

Good luck with the build.

Paul

M

msm2

Small tweaks should be ok now I have found most of my modelling gear. I think I will dry build most of it before getting the glue out. Tony..

G

garethm

I would say thats a very good idea because not everything fits where it should, but they are great kits detailwise and for the price amazing value. I must pick mine up and finish it, by the way one word of warning, I have been told the decals are not brilliant, I haven`t tried yet but might get a set of aftermarket decals just in case. Gareth.

M

msm2

Thankyou for the advise, will have a look about for decals. Picked the paint up today,so just waiting for the PE now. Tony

M

msm2

GB is on hold for me for while, a new kitchen is being installed,so my work cupboard is full of kitchen stuff. :sad: :sad:

Tony

F

Fenlander

No worries Tony, plenty of time and a new kitchen is always nice ;)

R

rogue-one

hi tony. what a crazy kit. it looks quite fiddley?! hope it all goes well.

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Tony

That airframe looks really cool. Hope all goes well with your new kitchen and you can get back to building Russian fighters!

Cheers

P

M

msm2

So do I as I have just brought another La-5 and a La-7. I wont be using the PE kit for this La-5,need some practice with it.

Tony