Tonys matchbox build - LRDG chevrolet and jeep 1/76

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Hi peeps , thanks to peter for suggesting this brilliantly nostalgic gb . Heres my offering , tge Revell reboxing of the LRDG chevrolet and jeep in 1/76 . This ,like most of the matchbox 1/76 kits , comes with a mini dio base . Heres the box , scalemates screenshot and the sprues . 9EE1939B-A465-41F5-87C9-E1AB9EA6B502.pngFA711BBA-7D77-4BC0-A18A-53E30BC87E49.jpegimage.jpgIn

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
There's a lot packed into a little kit there Tony. I remember doing these as a young un but I never had that particular one. Look forward to it.Wish I had one myself so I could join in the fun and nostalgia of it all. Cheers John

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
There's a lot packed into a little kit there Tony. I remember doing these as a young un but I never had that particular one. Look forward to it.Wish I had one myself so I could join in the fun and nostalgia of it all. Cheers John
Never too late john , revell reboxed all the 1/76 kits so they shouldnt be too hard to find , the Wespe is a beauty , i did it a few years ago , comes with a desert base and palm tree! I remember the Montys Caravan and Humber scout car had a wrecked street complete with fallen statues etc!

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Very nice, mucker.
That looks a cracking base too!

Peter O'Toole
Cheers peter , its a lovely little thing isnt it , comes with four mesters too, splendid!
regards Lawrence of Hooraybeer

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
If it turns out a tenth as good as that ill be chuffed, how the hell did you paint his glasses on in this scale !!?

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
A gentle reminder......

Sorry to be a real bore, raise eyebrows and alienate myself even more from members, but I have a job to do.

Admin. did ask that no unsolicited finished builds are to be posted on another thread.

Cheers.
Ron

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Tony

Nice start! Looks like it should turn out to be a nice little build.

ATB

Andrew

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Yeah great that you’re building this one Tony, my favourite from their series:cool:.

Plenty of detail in the Jeep and Chevie to keep the brush busy, nice start:thumb2:

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Bit more done today in between masking up the Hind . I never realised how many tiny parts there were in this , 99 in total, I think there's about 18 individual jerry cans each of which will benefit from a seam clean up for starters! Anyways the chassis for the chevrolet has been assembled and the cab and bed have been started. The wheels and tyres have had a coat of black primer , as has the jeep. While im on the subject of colour , what colour were these ? The instructions just show an unhelpful mix of revell colours , any suggestions for vallejo or tamiya ?C52AC429-8AF6-4FC8-94DA-E05B5AD08ADC.jpeg62A66DA3-1291-429F-997A-A825D10E63B8.jpeg