Tony's (Mossiepilot) Tiger Meet F-104 G starfighter

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Dont ya just love yellow plastic. Even worse than red!!

Looking good so far.

Ian M

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Well Tony, I can't open your images (they come up as a grey striped screen) but the preview ones look good. And yep, that yellow is a shocker.

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
A bit further on, a coat of white primer has gone on View attachment 68368

View attachment 68369

though not sure you can tell from the piccies as the yellow plastic colour is still showing through. But it looks OK to my Mk 1 eyeball,
Yellow top coat next, A question though, I'm using my air brush, still a bit of a novice with it, and I'm finding the paint doesn't get into narrow gaps such as the front wheel bay and the gaps between the fuse and the intakes very well. Is this normal?

More soon.

Tony.

starfighter 002.JPG

starfighter 003.JPG

0ne48thtel

I have one of those in my stack to do :smiling:. But the wife got me the resin cockpit to go in it so am looking forward to doing it once I have fifnshed the ones I am on with at the mo. When I look in the box I thought I had got a box of bananas

P

Polux

Looking very good do far Tony!

Sorry, I can't help with the airbrush, I don't understand exactly...and prefer don't give you a worst advice! :smiling3:

0ne48thtel

\ said:
A bit further on, a coat of white primer has gone on View attachment 67361 View attachment 67362 though not sure you can tell from the piccies as the yellow plastic colour is still showing through. But it looks OK to my Mk 1 eyeball,Yellow top coat next, A question though, I'm using my air brush, still a bit of a novice with it, and I'm finding the paint doesn't get into narrow gaps such as the front wheel bay and the gaps between the fuse and the intakes very well. Is this normal?

More soon.

Tony.
Tony where possible I preshade areas that look like they could be problamatic Ie, fuselage and intake sides. With wheel wells I tend to layer the paint until it looks reasonable. Then if needed weather them thus making the less covered bits not so niticeable if that makes sense. This does depend on where the aircraft is based. obviously wet climes tend to get a bit more of grey weathering wich helps I hope this is useful if not for this build for others good work by the way

Last edited:

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Thanks Terry, I keep thinking about doing some preshading on this one but not sure my airbrushing is up to it yet.

But thanks for the support mate.

Tony.

0ne48thtel

\ said:
Thanks Terry, I keep thinking about doing some preshading on this one but not sure my airbrushing is up to it yet.But thanks for the support mate.

Tony.
No Worries mate. If you have a scrap yard kit you could always take bits off preshade them as practice then stick them back on to see if you get the desired effect.

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Thanks for the good comments guys. To the Mk1 eyeball it isn't as smooth as I would like :oops: but on the piccies it doesn't look too bad :smiling3:

Tony.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Thought I had commented on this build Tony, sorry about that mate. Looking good after you have faffed and filled etc, the paint colour doesn't look half bad either mate. Nice one.

Si:smiling3:

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
looking good to me tony , the colour looks fine , cheers tony