Tonys Zvezda 1/35 OT 26 Russian flamethrower tank

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Main body all together and a quick coat of black primer. I can get some colour on the sides now before the wheels start to go on . Still not sure how to tackle the link and length tracks though , regarding the sequence of painting / assembling .View attachment 445999

I can't believe a man of your talents is worrying about link and length tracks. After the modifications and scratching you've done to various kits over the years, you'll find them a piece of cake!

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Little bit more done today . I feel like ive been working on a production line with all these bloody wheels to clean up . You armour builders have some patience! I didnt realise there were so many . Anyways theyre all cleaned up and ive started priming them and some other bits of the running gear. Ive been looking at the track fitment and I think by leaving the mudguards off I can fit the tracks at the end of the build , so i can paint them up before fitting and just add the mudguards after. 88FFF6F6-FB40-4E1B-80CC-798BBE285ED7.jpegAEC4B116-1610-45EE-B339-71707467C477.jpeg

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Very impressive start, like Dave says the way you sort out problems with planes the tracks won't be a problem.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Here we are , two months after the finish date and im still nowhere near . I’m going to carry on and finish it though out of courtesy to Lee . Today I got some paint on the little roadwheels , all 48 of them!! I picked this kit as i thought it would be a simple build - wrong!
To make things a bit quicker I used a cheapo geometry template , one of the circles was about the perfect size to spray the wheel inners and leave the outer rubber rim black . Once assembled into 24 pairs these wheels are fastened into small bogeys , 2 of which are then fastened into a bigger bogey with the leaf springs on . If the wheels didnt all have a rubber rim it would have made everything a lot quicker !86C67401-69FB-4174-A0DC-AF0F8D92E1EB.jpeg067222D1-AE47-4A02-BFDA-9FA6D7D40007.jpeg57D86023-3C14-4F2B-B4E6-65CBC9DA319B.jpegAFADDB68-07CE-4479-8882-A5ABD749C178.jpegA901B0E6-9D41-4D1F-8538-0F363D6BE4F6.jpeg7981B16A-F1A0-45DE-8BE4-C1A3FDBE628C.jpeg

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Nice to see some wear on the rubber wheels Tony and the completed bogie looks good .

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
I hate wheels! Unless you got individual track links then that's the worst bit out the way :thumb2:

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Coming on nicely Tony. I've got a cheap geometric circle template for just this reason.

Keep up the good work.

Andrew

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
That's looking good - I've so far steered clear of tracked armour ;)

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Little bit of progress with the little tank . The bogies are now fitted and ive just been introduced to the horrors of individual track links ! The four curved sections were made up of 32 separate links which had to be glued together and curved round the sprocket ( ooh , get me with the lingo!) and the other smooth wheel thingy . This experience has led me to the conclusion that all you armour builders are either- A. Very patient and meticulous or B. Bat s*#t crazy ( i’m leaning towards B :smiling5:) . These along with the fixed lengths of track have been painted vallejo metal color steel and will get some s*#t lathered on them at some stage too. The hull has had some handles and other little bits added and the turret has been put together complete with the machine gun and flame thrower lance, which has had the end drilled out with a fine 0.6 mm bit .
I'm at a bit of a loss as to how you manage to paint all these bits of track and other stuff like washes filter etc when its all together , oh well , every days a school day i suppose . B838C81F-D4AF-449E-A3E1-1A0816CFDD88.jpeg1EF293D3-5433-4110-BB56-CC53AAECBA43.jpeg

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I lean towards option B being the closest to the truth, myself …

But at least you’ve got link-and-length tracks, I wish that was in more kits :smiling3:

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
The bogies are now fitted and ive just been introduced to the horrors of individual track links ! The four curved sections were made up of 32 separate links which had to be glued together and curved round the sprocket ( ooh , get me with the lingo!) and the other smooth wheel thingy . This experience has led me to the conclusion that all you armour builders are either- A. Very patient and meticulous or B. Bat s*#t crazy ( i’m leaning towards B :smiling5:) .

Oh yes Tony, we probably are B, BUT.......Please take a moment to weigh the facts......Indy track links and maybe 15 or less decals on a finished armor model AS opposed to over 10,00 decals on the 1/48 scale Rooskie wing thingy you're building.....Hmmm, now who is A. or who is B.??? Inquiring minds want to know!!!....

Prost
Allen

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
You can have all the modern wingy thingys you want......I'm sticking to the Bat Sh*t crazy, easy, simple WW2 stuff we have come to know and love......TTFN (Ta Ta for now) :tongue-out3:
Yours Truly,
Mr. Bat Sh*t Crazy

Last edited:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
You can have all the modern wingy thingys you want......I'm sticking to the Bat Sh*t crazy, easy, simple WW2 stuff we have come to know and love......TTFN (Ta Ta for now) :tongue-out3:
Yours Truly,
Mr. Bat Sh*t Crazy
I was going to buy you a helicopter kit for Christmas !

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
If they would make them I would use them.....unfortunately I can only get cast resin full track and running gear assemblies or the etched brass wrap around tracks. As Paul E. can attest to the standard 1/87 scale ROCO tracks are CR*P or words to that effect, having sounded off on them more than once, I must fully concur that said track assemblies, no matter how many little bits, would be more than welcome........small price to pay for that extra bit of realism in a tiny scale. :thumb2:

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Looking good Tony, all the fiddly bits will be worth it (keep telling yourself that!)
I just knew Camrade Race would appear with Russian armour & fire involved......

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Blimey...
...Can it be true?!! ... YAK FACE is doing a Tankie type fing?!!...
....and at that,.....making a determined and Bloody good job of it too by the way :smiling3:
Great stuff mate, it's coming along a treat ;)
Andy