Too Hot!

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
The temperature has just hit 30C - that may not be high by the standards of some of the members, but it is for England!
I've been under the weather for a while, so no benchtime, now it's too warm, and I have absolutely no enthusiasm for anything modelling-wise, so I won't be posting any updates on my blogs for a while, at least until it cools down a lot :tired:
Dave

• Sad
Reactions: JR

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
I am quite cool sat in the office with my back door open, shaded by the white cliffs of Dover.

I popped out for a walk lunchtime and turned back, my head was roasting and I did not want sun burn.... Hot indeed....

Archetype

FAA plane builder
First Name
Chris
My office is on the shady side of the house and with the back doors and the office window open I get a decent breeze.

Going to the beach later with the paddleboard and a picnic to make the most of it!

First Name
Wouter
Same here on the other side of the North Sea...and they predict temps like 39 tomorrow...yuk...

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Just watching the T de F - 35C in the south of France, here, it's hit 32C, the forecast is for thunderstorms around midnight, so it could be a pretty poor nights sleep........................
Dave

Mr Bowcat

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Blinking hot in London, thank God for air conditioning. :smiling3:

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Its a bit nippy down here in Plymouth. Only 30C. I have the heating on. I have put an extra jumper on and I'm wrapped up on the sofa with a duvet. I hope it gets warmer soon.

D

Deleted member 7181

Just got home and popped out to the shed to do a bit more on the T-28. 39C in there with no air movement!

Not worth considering any painting, and I bet I'd struggle with glue too. Looks like I'll be working in the house. Plenty of things left to cut out and clean up to keep me going.

At least I'm not at work, a huge metal building housing 4 spray booths soon gets toasty!

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
I've got a friend in London attending he's daughters graduation and in the pictures they're wearing jumpers. The sun may be hot and temperatures high but the breeze and wind is cool and dry. Nothing like in the tropics where the wind is balmy and hot. Sometimes no breeze at all with sticky humidity. I enjoyed my summer in Sydney in the 39's with clear blue skies...really blue. :smiling2:

Cheers,
Richard

D

Deleted member 7237

Hi Richard it's 39 in my car on the drive and that's the temp in Surrey. thank god for air-conditioning.
now in doors with the a/c back on.
Pete

Last edited by a moderator:

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Richard,
I used to visit Singapore regularly ( work, not holiday ) Daytime 30C, nightime 25C with 100% humidity - having to work, changing electric winch motors (3/4 t ) from 1-5am in monsoon qownpours. Totally exhausting, unpleasant and dangerous - makes me wonder if poor health now is partly a result of that sort of labour............
Dave

• Wow

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
I think the heat I had last week has made it across the pond.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
It was 33.5° C here today, and about 35 in my hobby room — glad I have a window there that can open, which made it tolerable for a little while, but I soon gave up anyway. Where I’m typing this I’ve just set up a fan to blow coolish air over my chair … Same temperature predicted for tomorrow, and a couple more degrees for Thursday. Yay :sad:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
My car registered 33.5 this afternoon in Salisbury.....after it had cooled down on the journey home.....too hot for much tonight I think....

D

Deleted member 4539

Too hot for me.
I am just one big sweat bucket I have to keep washing especially my hands as they get so sticky.
Certainly no modelling for me until it cools down.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Too hot for me.
I am just one big sweat bucket I have to keep washing especially my hands as they get so sticky.
Certainly no modelling for me until it cools down.
Hav'nt you got a nice bath tub Ralph the missus an I have been layin in a semi warm bath an a good scrub an come out feelin greatly refreshed
chris

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
After the bike ride home from work , I stripped off to my undies and jumped in the paddling pool with the kids with a cold beer:smiling4:

Keep looking at the started builds on the bench......maybe tomorrow :thinking: