Too Hot!

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
Not to hot for me after working in a shop with no air conditioning for three years I have gotten used to the heat so it doesn't bother me much.

D

Deleted member 4539

Hav'nt you got a nice bath tub Ralph the missus an I have been layin in a semi warm bath an a good scrub an come out feelin greatly refreshed
chris
The trouble is I start sweating shortly after I am refreshed.It is a constant battle.

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Don't know what the temp was today but when you are stuck in a boiler suit, wellies, and gloves chasing pigs around a field all you need to know is that it was chuffin hot! lol

The joys of being a farmer. Out in ALL elements and conditions. No rest (or decent pay) for those people providing food to the nation :smiling3:

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Don't know what the temp was today but when you are stuck in a boiler suit, wellies, and gloves chasing pigs around a field all you need to know is that it was chuffin hot! lol

The joys of being a farmer. Out in ALL elements and conditions. No rest (or decent pay) for those people providing food to the nation :smiling3:

I appreciate what you do Al :thumb2: ( also a little bit envious) I have fond memories of my dad riding the biggest pig I ever saw....dad used to do building maintenance etc on a small holding and being an animal lover, he became good mates with the livestock....I wasn’t allowed to ride the pigs as they sometimes got a bit bitey:smiling5:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Well I can't sleep, fan on,still hot it just gone 0003, no doubt Simon is awakening from his slumber .

Just remember It will soon be December and January and we will all be moaning about being cold !
Night .

D

Deleted member 5496

Sunny in Jersey to day about 26 degress.

Last night I pushed my bed up to the window. Slight mist & a sea breeze
made it's way through my window. Perfect at about 17degrees.

Living a charmed life. Thunder Storms bypassed us. And no torrential rain.

Laurie

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Well I can't sleep, fan on,still hot it just gone 0003, no doubt Simon is awakening from his slumber .

Just remember It will soon be December and January and we will all be moaning about being cold !
Night .

Hi John - 01:24 I woke up in front of the telly again about ten minutes ago. Film I was watching long gone - yet another ending missed :rolling:

27degC here upstairs - got the fan on

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
I took this pic in the Mack truck I drive last Friday after hooking up a trailer it was HOT! Yesterday was so nice the high was 84degrees not humidy and a lovely breeze today a little hotter but no humidity so I painted my subject for Alan G GB guys stay cool

62ECE49B-556F-46ED-99BE-60197ADCB578.jpeg

Peej

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul

I feel your pain. I too am a farmer. I farm chickens. Thankfully the birds I have in are only chicks so the sheds are running at between 30+32 degrees. If they were big birds I would be struggling to keep them cool. Well, I better get going 190,000 chicks won't look after themselves.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
3D43D09E-E495-40B9-A6B3-8E09F37377BC.jpeg

That’s the temperature in my hobby room a few minutes ago (ca. 16:00), and that’s with the window having been open since before noon. I dread to think what it would have been had I kept it closed all day. 29.5 degrees in the living room where I’m typing this, and 38.5 outside (it was 39.5 half an hour ago, so we’re making progress! Still, either of those is the highest temperatures I’ve seen here in years).

D

Deleted member 5496

Not sure about the temperature records.

Just after the war I remember the papers with huge headline 100.
That is in Fahrenheit. Just 38 degrees

Now that happened on a number of days. We used to go down to the
Rec (recreational ground).

We would play cricket for an hour then sit under the large oak trees knacked.
But revival was at hand. A huge bottle of Tizer each perspiration pouring
from us. What I remembered most was the laughing good days.

Laurie

D

Deleted member 5496

It’s hot and humid today! No breeze to speak of and my hands are constantly clammy.

Lie on bed Chris. Take off all clothes (lock door first) & place fan as high as possible on full on the wander setting.

Delightful experience as the wind wipes over your body. 10 minutes turn over for a fresh experience.

Laurie

First Name
Wouter
That’s the temperature in my hobby room a few minutes ago (ca. 16:00), and that’s with the window having been open since before noon. I dread to think what it would have been had I kept it closed all day. 29.5 degrees in the living room where I’m typing this, and 38.5 outside (it was 39.5 half an hour ago, so we’re making progress! Still, either of those is the highest temperatures I’ve seen here in years).
Quite ok then :tongue-out3: . My cars outside temp showed 42 at the Eindhoven area and the north of Belgium...first time in my life I'm experiencing temperatures this hot...it's just a tad too much for me :cold-sweat::dizzy:

Archetype

FAA plane builder
First Name
Chris
Lie on bed Chris. Take off all clothes (lock door first) & place fan as high as possible on full on the wander setting.

Delightful experience as the wind wipes over your body. 10 minutes turn over for a fresh experience.

Laurie

If I weren’t working I would!

D

Deleted member 6559

38 here in Canterbury. I tried to remember where I'd last experienced temperatures this hot and think it must have been in Egypt c. 1990. Just checked, and Cairo is a mere 36, though Aswan (definitely the hottest place I've ever been) is 42. The difference there is that it's a very arid heat, so you don't sweat so much.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi up date from Lincs
At 1647.
15640696084557871179540740750035.jpg
Under the car port , covered roof like an oven
IMG_20190725_163445781_HDR.jpg

In the cave IMG_20190725_163508059.jpg
Out side in the garden 15640695179012373119557506723467.jpg