Tow cables

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Very clever, may I ask where you get the cable ends?
Andy.
Most of the kits will supply cable eyes for the string they often use as a cable. With a bit of care then can be drilled out to take the wire , then glue the wire in. I use a drop of CA.
HTH's
John.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
In this case, they came with the AFV Club LVTP-5 kit I made the cable for, as that had a length of nylon string for the tow cable. All I had to do was replace it by my twisted copper wire.

Most kits either have separate ends like this already, or come with one-piece cables that you can cut the ends off and drill out.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I've been twisting wire for years, best tool for it is aviation twist wire pliers. The best wire I've found is speaker or audio wire. It is very fine and good quality copper. I've twisted anywhere from 3 strands up to a dozen depending on what I need for a final diameter.
Cheers, Rick H.

Reactions: JR

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Arthur Brown.....who’d of thunk it on a modelling forum....absolute insanity, and possibly John R in an earlier incarnation.....
By the way, the burning headgear that he used on stage was basically a pie plate glued to his hat, filled with petrol, and set on fire......life was much more fun when we didn’t have health and safety....

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Arthur Brown.....who’d of thunk it on a modelling forum....absolute insanity, and possibly John R in an earlier incarnation.....
By the way, the burning headgear that he used on stage was basically a pie plate glued to his hat, filled with petrol, and set on fire......life was much more fun when we didn’t have health and safety....
Tim.
Just looking for a plate.:smiling3:
Sounds fun.
John.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
You lot are insane! Although in your defense, as a teen I did purchase "The Crazy World of Arthur Brown" on one of those big black CD's with the small hole in the middle. Still have it!
Cheers Rick H.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
You lot are insane! Although in your defense, as a teen I did purchase "The Crazy World of Arthur Brown" on one of those big black CD's with the small hole in the middle. Still have it!
Cheers Rick H.
Rick .....I only became insane when I returned to modelling !
John.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Must be the Glue and solvent fumes.
Rick H.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Must be the Glue and solvent fumes.
Rick H.
Yes Rick......... Mind I' ve always had a streak of humour for the outlandish, a bit like my good mate Steve Rivet Jones.
John.