Track Link Jig

D

Dave Amos

Nice find Dave, see he will make different sizes if asked. I've sent a message asking if it is affected by CA .
John .
I would think a light smear of machine/ light oil would solve any problem. You can get machine oil from sewing machine/ craft shops and makes good release agent if doing an odd bit of casting.....

Reactions: JR
M

Mossielover

Hi, newby here, I make the Dragonbadger jig and have sold quite a few with much positive feedback. At the model club meeting yesterday I was asked to design a jig for single links that have pins to hold them and although I thought they could be held in my current jig I've designed this, vey much a prototype and as such undersize. I don't have any of the said track links, that shown in the picture is a flexible track I printed for a 1/35 landrover conversion. Do you think they will be of use?

Attachments

• IMG_1327.JPG
    IMG_1327.JPG
    90.1 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1326.JPG
    IMG_1326.JPG
    87.2 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1327.JPG
    IMG_1327.JPG
    90.1 KB · Views: 12

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Welcome to the forum Haydn.
Many of us use those Fruil track that have have the pin pushed through to join. Some times on the larger Fruils you can drive a pin straight through instead of drilling , now this may be a problem . Other than that something that can hold the tracks in an upright position to enable the pins to be pushed in would work as long as the links stayed together while they were grabbed by the jig .
Looking fwd to using the one I ordered from you .
John .