Trench Sections in 1:32 scale

First Name
Andrew
Andy,
If this is a continuation of the work your were doing on the other site that we must not mention, then I am all eyes agog. Now where's those figures in the stash.....
Cheers, Mike.
Mike,
This is the continuation. Look at the start of this thread. I will be blogging as they progress, but life keeps getting in the way. My house situation has settled but now there are family issues that need my attention.
Andy

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Hi Andy,
Great to see your fantastic work again...always a pleasure:thumb2:

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Mike,
This is the continuation. Look at the start of this thread. I will be blogging as they progress, but life keeps getting in the way. My house situation has settled but now there are family issues that need my attention.
Andy
Cheers Andy, will keep looking, this is only a hobby and there are more important matters, hope they get sorted soon, Mike.

First Name
Andrew
I worked on Perey's shellhole yesterday and here are some photos taken quickly on my ipad. If you look closely, you'll see that I've added a tin cup and trench club to the shelf. His shaving mirror is resting on a Tommy Cooker. I scratch-built all except the cup, which is a Tommy's War spare. The roll cloth with cutlery, etc was made by me and painted by Mike. There is also a scratch-built perescope by Perey's feet.

IMG_0901.JPGIMG_0903.JPGIMG_0905.JPG

HAPPY New Year everyone!
I'm afraid that I will still be distracted with more important things for a while yet. My Brother in Law has been in ICU with Pneumonia. He has made some improvement but is still very ill. My frail parents also need support. I have to save my energy for these things of course.
Andy

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Andy,
A great build as always. A happy New year to you and yours. I hope your brother in law recovers soon and your parents are well. Look forward to seeing you back at the bench soon.

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Great to see you back Andy, this is looking amazing . Now I've finally found out where you are all lurking I have joined up here!
Happy New Year to you and yours and lets hope there's a bit less drama than last year.
All the best Neil

First Name
Andrew
Great to see you back Andy, this is looking amazing . Now I've finally found out where you are all lurking I have joined up here!
Happy New Year to you and yours and lets hope there's a bit less drama than last year.
All the best Neil

Neil,
It's good to have you with us and I look forward to you continuing your blog of your Italian flying boat. I'm afraid that my dramas continue into this year. (See the footnote on my last post.) These health issues are worse that all the 'house' issues. My faith has kept me afloat, but I'm having to learn to have more 'me time' to stay sane. Hopefully that will mean that I can do more of this when I can concentrate on it.
Andy

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Andy the improved shell hole trench is a superb collaboration between you and Mike. Don't think it get any better than this.:thumb2:
Sorry to read of the family problems, hope they are all resolved soon.
Hopefully a Happy New Year for you all .
John.

First Name
Andrew
I've taken some photos of Perey in his shellhole with my Ipad. Mike's painting can only be appreciated with magnification - It's magnificent!! It's wonderful having my work treated with his skill. I worried a bit about the size of the rat, but then found some photos on the net of some very large rats with troops, so he is OK!

IMG_0909r.JPGIMG_0911r.JPGIMG_0919r.JPGIMG_0923r.JPGIMG_0926r.JPGIMG_0933r.JPGIMG_0935r.JPGIMG_0962r.JPGIMG_0963r.JPG

MikeNZ

Mike The Kiwi
First Name
Mike
Honoured to see Great Uncle Percy in his 'proper' home
And I too have heard many tales of rats the size of cats, bloated from gorging on corpses.

Here's a photo of Percy, who's service I wanted to honour as part of this project.
This was taken while he was recuperating from his third Wounded in Action stint from a gunshot wound to his left shoulder. Hoping you can spot some likeness, even if it's only the large moustache he had!
Happy 2017 from downunder :upside:
-Mike
IMG_5208.JPG

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
A truly excellent piece of work :thumb2:

Andy - I know how crappy the constant hospital visiting and looking after someone can make you feel. You definitely need to try and squeeze in a little 'you time' as you say. I find the modelling helps. All the best

First Name
Andrew
Not much, but I've made some progress on my mining section. If you look back to page 2 of this thread (end of Aug 18) you'll see I am making an amonal charge, stored in Flimsies (petrol cans). Rather than making all of them, I'm making just those that show. And I'm only cladding the sides and tops that show too.

IMG_3677.JPG
The top row will be clad on the edges that show. I use aluminium foil tape to clad them. The handles are made of pie tin and spouts from styrene rod.
IMG_3678.JPG
IMG_3679.JPG
I'll add the top, front row with individual cans.
IMG_3680.JPG

(Life is a little more settled thankfully. My brother in law had been in ICU in an induced coma for 2.5 weeks over Christmas until this Tuesday. He had severe pneumonia, but they kept him alive and we prayed lots and lots. I hear today that the nurse has been telling his off for trying to get out of bed!! (He's still in ICU and conected to lots of leads etc.) He's a tough Kiwi!)
Andy

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
That's a grand idea Andy, I got fed up with doing stone sets and then covering them. Very convincing with the uniform size.
John.

MikeNZ

Mike The Kiwi
First Name
Mike
Not much, but I've made some progress on my mining section. If you look back to page 2 of this thread (end of Aug 18) you'll see I am making an amonal charge, stored in Flimsies (petrol cans). Rather than making all of them, I'm making just those that show. And I'm only cladding the sides and tops that show too.

(Life is a little more settled thankfully. My brother in law had been in ICU in an induced coma for 2.5 weeks over Christmas until this Tuesday. He had severe pneumonia, but they kept him alive and we prayed lots and lots. I hear today that the nurse has been telling his off for trying to get out of bed!! (He's still in ICU and conected to lots of leads etc.) He's a tough Kiwi!)
Andy
These are looking awesome Andy & excited to see your progress.

Neat to hear about your BIL too sounds like he's on road to recovery.
Tell him "Kia Kaha!"
-Mike

D

Durk

Hi Andy, just caught up with your thread, modelling at it's very best and everything completed to the highest standard:thumb2:. Good to hear your brother in law is on the mend.

DIRK

First Name
Andrew
THis lunchtime's progress on the Amonal charge Flimsies. I used Aluminium foil tape, which comes with an adhesive side. I put one piece over the block of cans stuck together and burnished it on with my finger nail. I trimmed round the edge and removed the unwanted bits. I then put my finger nail between the joints and finally pierced the corners with a spatula where I've rounded the edges of the cans. This way I've not had to clad then individually and waste time and energy.

IMG_3682.JPG
The front row of the top stack was made as individual cans which were clad with the Ali tape which had been cut to size.
IMG_3683.JPGIMG_3684.JPG
Top front row stuck in place.
IMG_3686.JPG
This is how they will sit on the model so you can see why I put little effort into sides which are hardly seen. I still have to add handles and spouts, I have some made but have mass-production methods for that too. (Look on page two of this thread.)
IMG_3688.JPG
This is how far I've got with the two halves of the section.
IMG_3691.JPG