Trench Sections in Progress.

MikeNZ

Mike The Kiwi
First Name
Mike
Goodness Gracious!
Not only did he paint the teeth, but he shaded and HIGHLIGHTED the tongue!
Incredible skills, Mike!
What a combination the two of you have made , this is simply outstanding work ,guys!
Sorry for all the exclamation marks!
Thanks Neil, wonderful sculpting by Nino Pizzichemi makes it easier to paint details like Jimmy’s mouth.
MikeTheKiwi

MikeNZ

Mike The Kiwi
First Name
Mike
Sorry for my lack of content recently. I’m afraid self-isolation has made me into a bit of a recluse. We’re all facing plenty of uncertainty and I lost my mojo for a while. I think it’s come back now and will try to be vocal on your projects. Stay safe my friends.
Hang in there buddy!
Grab “black dog” by scruff of the neck & tame him mate. Bring on that next project for us all to learn & enjoy from.
back to Uncle!
-MikeTheKiwi

MikeNZ

Mike The Kiwi
First Name
Mike
Hi Andy and Mike
Quite simply as good as it gets. The more I look the more I see.
Jim
Thanks Jim.
Enjoy our collaboration together & will share a little more on it this weekend in one of last Facebook LIVE sessions.
- MikeTheKiwi

First Name
Andrew
I managed to get my tenth section finished yesterday. This is the tunnel and mine and I had 4 figures to paint. They started as two pairs of the same Tommy's War artillery crew. One appears in each model but both converted. I gave the guy bagging up soil a different Hornet head as he is next to his brother. The tunnelers have stopped work to listen for German activity. This was a horrible job which gave horrific results.DSCN0792 (2).JPG
DSCN0784 (2).JPG

DSCN0785 (2).JPG

DSCN0786 (2).JPG

So I now have eight of the sections complete and the book is nearly there too.
DSCN0799 (2).JPG

Attachments

• DSCN0789 (2).JPG
    DSCN0789 (2).JPG
    142.5 KB · Views: 1

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
An excellent representation. Great body of work here. PaulE

Windy

SMF Supporter
First Name
Alex
Mike Butler has been up to his tricks again with one of my figures. He has three more. Look at this and then remind yourself that he's about 60mm long!!!! I have no idea how he manages to do what he does. All I do know is that it never looks like this, however much I try! This guy will eventually sleep in my dugout and Mike is now working on his friend.

View attachment 384382

View attachment 384383
I have complained that Mike peed in his bed!
Andy

Only just catching up on this. The infamous Blanket Scratchy! The Army still issue them for basic training and in transit accommodation. Probably leftovers from WW1 by the state of most of them. I can feel the itchiness from here.

First Name
Andrew
The latest chapter in the Belsey/Butler partnership. Jimmy and Uncle are finally back in Blighty after a FOUR WEEK wait for the post from New Zealand that got me and my friends at church praying! Mike's painting is stunning of course. I converted the figures from the Tommy's War range and created the scene for them. finally together.
Andy

image 2.jpg
That blanket looks itchy!

image 2.jpg
You may notice the third member of the team under the bed?!

DSCN1191a-001.JPG
On the desk are reduced copies of letters my Grandfather sent in WW1 to my Grandmother.

DSCN1221a-001.JPG
Here's a better view of ratty.

image 0.jpg
Wipers Times on the floor.

image 1.jpg
The scene is lit by 2 LEDs behind the lamps at either end.

image 4.jpg
See the light shining through Uncle's glasses!

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Andy I swear, at first glance I thought the chap reading the paper was a real human being! the skin tones are flawless and the pose is so relaxed and natural.....WOW! Hats off to you and your partner. Rick H.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Andy & Mike. A true labour of love by both of you, the detail is superb and the painting flawless.