Trench Sections in Progress.

MikeNZ

Mike The Kiwi
First Name
Mike
truly stunning guys!
Just perfection, a pleasure to see.
An excellent collaboration. PaulE
Just stunning, and at 54mm!!!!!! The world's best figure painter? I think so.
Thanks for all your kind thoughts guys.
Very humbling.
Had a lot of fun working with Andy on these projects for his book. May have chance to do one more before year’s end here in NZ. Will share if I get into it. Otherwise on to some more wee fellows now - should be simpler prospect & still some new things to learn too I’m sure.
MikeTheKiwi

First Name
Andrew
Well I got home this evening to a welcome surprise hidden behind my dustbins. A parcel from New Zealand which had taken 5 weeks!
Harry and Bob have made it safely back to Blighty at last after much prayer from me!
Sorry for being very quiet recently. Much is going on in my private life, including where I work being destroyer by a fire. Setting up a new workshop is far from easy but my furlough came to an abrupt end and it is a difficult, frustrating task to recreate what we had When all the hardware is gone. Thankfully I was able to retrieve my personal tools which I have collected for 40 years. Plus my personal models survived the fire and water damage. The sections were at home so are safe.
I‘ll post some pictures of Mike’s figures on my base when I can.
Andy

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Sorry to hear of your misfortune Andy........glad the boys made it home safe. Don't sweat the long pause in posting, you obviously have more pressing matters to attend to.
Keep your chin up, Rick H.

Reactions: JR

MikeNZ

Mike The Kiwi
First Name
Mike
Well I got home this evening to a welcome surprise hidden behind my dustbins. A parcel from New Zealand which had taken 5 weeks!
Harry and Bob have made it safely back to Blighty at last after much prayer from me!
Sorry for being very quiet recently. Much is going on in my private life, including where I work being destroyer by a fire. Setting up a new workshop is far from easy but my furlough came to an abrupt end and it is a difficult, frustrating task to recreate what we had When all the hardware is gone. Thankfully I was able to retrieve my personal tools which I have collected for 40 years. Plus my personal models survived the fire and water damage. The sections were at home so are safe.
I‘ll post some pictures of Mike’s figures on my base when I can.
Andy
Hang in there buddy! :hugging-face:
Stoked lads made it back to blighty safely.
Looking forward to seeing them in trench.
MikeTheKiwi

First Name
Andrew
Mike's figures took 5 weeks to travel back to Blighty. It is hard to believe your eyes seeing what Mike can do with paint and I am delighted to put them in their final positions in my 'reversed' trench section. Before I did that I took some shots of them on my Somme bases. My book is expected to be published by May next year but I am relieved to have these last photos to send to them.
Andy

DSCN1544 (2).JPGDSCN1533 (2).JPGDSCN1535 (2).JPGDSCN1507 (2).JPGDSCN1523 (2).JPGDSCN1528 (2).JPGDSCN1515 (2).JPG

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Mike's figures took 5 weeks to travel back to Blighty. It is hard to believe your eyes seeing what Mike can do with paint and I am delighted to put them in their final positions in my 'reversed' trench section. Before I did that I took some shots of them on my Somme bases. My book is expected to be published by May next year but I am relieved to have these last photos to send to them.
Andy

View attachment 400205View attachment 400206View attachment 400207View attachment 400208View attachment 400209View attachment 400210View attachment 400211
Goodness Gracious, how absolutely wonderful!
You two are quite a double act!

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
It's hard to find a new word to compliment you two on , really hard, Neil and Peter have said it so well .:thumb2::thumb2: :thumb2:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Fantastic.....it’s the textures that make them so special...

First Name
Andrew
Having watched videos of Mike painting small areas of these two and seeing how much patient skill he puts into the smallest of details has given me insight into why he’s so so good. I cleaned up these figures but was shocked when I saw all the extra cleaning Mike did and then added extra details like cutting up sleeves and adding shirt cuffs etc. etc. etc..... I was never that patient and also lazy. Working professionally has made me rush to the finish to make profit. Hopefully some of you can see some of his work in the flesh but it needs magnification to see it best. I am so happy to have him treat my conversions with his skill.