Trench Sections in Progress.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Andy,
Love the spades you certainly are a man of skills and patience.

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Just had a great catch up with the ups and downs Andy. Really good to see you back here with your little works of art. I originally thought they were superb but the addition of lighting takes these to a whole new level.

First Name
Andrew
Thanks guys.
I've not been able to work today as I have a bug which has kept me close to the loo! I've been able to work on my book this afternoon. I now find that I have too many words!!! I'm trying to work out what to omit and whether to save something for a second book, if I'd want to do that??
Andy

First Name
Andrew
IMG_4066r.JPG

My recent activity has been for Mike Butler in New Zealand and I have made a few things for him. I made him some Lewis gun ammo boxes last year (one open) and now have made some of the pouches that fit inside. (These are my boxes as I usually make some for him and some for me.) I've made 3 pouches for him and 3 for me. I'm working on a converted Lewis gunner also. When I have his arms together I'll post a photo.
Andy

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Nice to see you productive again. A human editor can be a great help to trim words for a follow-on. Top stuff as always. PaulE

First Name
Andrew
He needs a bit of refining, but here is my Lewis gunner. He's the Tommy's war guy with a new Hornet head and Historex hands. I've exchanged his Lewis for one made by Kellerkind. (It does have a bipod and sight to add.)
Mike has pointed out that his right shoulder is a bit low. I'll work on him more tomorrow.
IMG_4077r.JPG

IMG_4076r.JPG

Mike Butler pointed me to this Osprey image and suggested I could convert the Tommy's War figure. It was a bit harder than I thought as I had to carve out his belly to get the gun to sit right.
IMG_4072r.JPG

This figure will sit in my reversed trench.
Andy

First Name
Andrew
I did a little work on my figures for my reversed trench. I gave the Lewis gunner a trigger finger and put the bipod a sight on the gun. I made chin straps for them both (worn behind their heads). I still need to make the cords that go round their bodies to hold their respirators in place, but they are nearly ready. I have made a respirator bag for the officer and have both reversed with the flaps open, revealing the lead of the respirator. I made these from a guitar string.
Andy

WP_20191030_14_27_57_Pro (2).jpgWP_20191030_13_59_49_Pro (2).jpgWP_20191030_13_57_01_Pro (2).jpg

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Great to see this back Andy.
Really is something else modeling wise .:thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:

First Name
Andrew
Just when I thought life was settling, I've got shingles! To complicate matters, I took an immune-suppressant only yesterday - Doh!
Andy

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Hello Andy,
Just has a catch up on your work, all the plaudits are above, and I can add no others except grovel, grovel.
Sorry to hear about your health problems, let's hope they are brought under control soon.
How is the book coming along?
Regards
Mike.