Richard
Thanks Graeme, only way to get that done was for major surgery. :smiling2:

Cheers,
Richard

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
First off in the figures painted is old Pak Cik. He has darker complexion due to his Northern Indian ancestry.

rr0269.jpgrr0270.jpg

Base coats of pale yellow and white for his blouse and sarong.

rr0278.jpg

Unfortunately I don't have anymore progress shots of him that would show toning of the blouse and tartan stripes on the sarong... nope it's not Scottish origin.

rr0284.jpg

You can get a good glimpse of his sarong here...

9.jpg

And the blouse here...

368640.jpgrr0303.jpg

Cheers,
Richard

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Richard
Love what you've done with old Pak Cik. What is your reasoning for using black primer on your figures?
Jim

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Richard
Love what you've done with old Pak Cik. What is your reasoning for using black primer on your figures?
Jim
Thanks Jim, reason is I've seen figure painters use black as a base and then highlighting in white either by dry brushing or with an airbrush for the highlights. For me I used Desert Yellow sprayed from the top and angle to where I think the light source was coming from. This in turn helped with my shading. I've used this technique since for all my figure painting. You can see the sprayed DY catching the folds on the blouse and sarong in the first two images and thanks for asking.

Cheers,
Richard

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Alright Fellas, here comes the attack of the zombie aka shop fruit seller...

rr0267.jpgrr0268.jpg

Apparently I didn't give him a watch, it came with the arm and I left it on.

rr0271.jpg

The Pagoda brand singlet so affectionately worn by middle aged or old uncles until torn with holes. :smiling2:

rr0272.jpg

Cheers,
Richard

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi,
Base colors rendered for the camouflaged fabric and the webbing. I later feathered and pinwashed the webbing and creases on the tunic.

rr0295.jpg

As you can see here the camo has been blended and the pinwash highlighting the webbing.

rr0296.jpg

I think that sums up the whole build so if there are any questions I will be happy to answer them

Cheers,
Richard

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Thanks Mark,
Best way to do a dio is to build one from a scene that's familiar and have first hand knowledge of including references. The fun part about this dio was to scratch stuff that has long been replaced in modern times and hear people remark that they remember seeing that when they were young and telling their kids this was what it was like during our time. Like the flask, altar and the hanging Milo tin to keep money in, bicycle tire and slippers on the roof and even the milestone marker.

Cheers,
Richard