Truck Overload - Update!!!

First Name
Charles
I decided to put the overloaded truck model in a minimilistic diorama. The plan is to take a photo of the truck from the front and overlay it within a 'Time' or some other magazine-like cover page. This view will be the view the photographer in the diorama, has taken and published as a cover photo for the magazine. I am still working on adding little details here and there and trying to add a figure in front of the truck as well as a ladder and a figure climbing at the rear to place more stuff in the cargo pile. We'll see how far I can take this.
A small note. While trying to move the truck to the present position, the axle broke. But I managed to glue it(which gave me some headaches, due to the clumsy pile of things at the rear. It made it harder to hold while trying to glue back the axle. I succeeded nonetheless. So far, I am happy with the results, until I can add the other details.

I managed to manipulate a photo of my truck, on the cover of two Swedish magazines. Looks pretty cool:

Traffic-vi.png
Traffic_september-vi.png

----------------

overload_complex11-vi.jpg
overload_complex12-vi.jpg
overload_complex7-vi.jpg
overload_complex7a-vi.jpg
overload_complex5-vi.jpg
overload_complex8-vi.jpg
overload_complex9-vi.jpg

------------------

overload_dio2-vi.jpg
overload_dio5-vi.jpg
overload_dio7-vi.jpg
overload_dio10-vi.jpg

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
What a great idea Charles. Fantastic stuff. Execution is top notch as well…

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I have seen so many jingly trucks like this - even my (cynical and equally well-travelled) wife says 'Brilliant' mate! As the TV advert for Yorkshire tea says 'That'll do ...'!
Steve

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Great idea and pictures Charles. You ought to weight the tires for a more convincing shot. A bit too late for that but a nice build either way.

Cheers,
Richard

First Name
Charles
Hi Richard. I had planned to do it but then saw many photos with the tyres not weighted down. I then thought I would just leave it as is. I agree, it would have done it justice. Well, too late now, but it still holds true regardless.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
That's a brilliant idea!! Loved the truck before.... But putting it on the magazine front cover is pure genius!!

Very well done.

Andrew

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
That is brilliant. Unfortunately, I too have witnessed the real thing. The real thing is nearly as good as yours Charles.

First Name
Charles
That is brilliant. Unfortunately, I too have witnessed the real thing. The real thing is nearly as good as yours Charles.

HeHe!!! Thanks. It's amazing how they do it.