Truck Overload

First Name
Charles
Like my last overload project this one takes things a little further. The scale is 1/35, simply because, I had this vehicle on hand, that I did not know what to do with it. So I turn it from being a military truck to a civilian vehicle instead. This brand of trucks are sometimes used in the African regions so I thought I would use it for this build. I used whatever fits the bill, from old clothing, rubber, tissue paper, plastic, and odds and ends that I had saved in my ‘box of tricks’, to get the job done. I even added a toilet bowl to throw in some interest. The plastic yellow/orange containers are used a lot in many regions in Africa, so I painted and added them to the mix of odds and ends. I want to thank Ulf Lindgren for sending me the containers. These were 3d printed. He did and amazing job with the fine details of the containers. The drawings were provided by another great modeler, Peter Olsson. Thanks guys.

Note. I just noticed, I had forgotten to shave off the thin rubber in the middle of the tyre on top of the cab. Will try and shave it off. Otherwise, it was a fun build. Thanks for looking.

truck_overload1-vi.jpg
truck_overload4-vi.jpg
truck_overload_c-vi.jpg

-----------------------

truck_overload-vi.jpg
truck_overload_a-vi.jpg
truck_overload_b-vi.jpg
truck_overload2-vi.jpg
truck_overload2a-vi.jpg
truck_overload3-vi.jpg
truck_overload5-vi.jpg
truck_overload6-vi.jpg
truck_overload7-vi.jpg
truck_overload8-vi.jpg

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Wow!
That's one unique model you've put together there:smiling3:
The detail is stunning and I love your weathering style too!!
Excellent stuff indeed!
Andy

First Name
Charles
Looks great,everything but the kitchen sink but there's probably one of them there somewhere too. Was you good at playing buckaroo as a kid lol.

Nope. But thanks. :smiling3:

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Absolutely brilliant work as always Charles. very well done indeed.

Andrew

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Love it.
I saw this on a face book page and right away knew it was you. Even if it was not your name on the blog.

First Name
Charles
Love it.
I saw this on a face book page and right away knew it was you. Even if it was not your name on the blog.

Thank you Ian. Glad you liked the results.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Thank you Andrew.
You're welcome and credit where it is due..... Can't help notice this is not the first overloaded vehicle you've done!!!

How about an overloaded scooter next?? I saw dozens on holiday in Bali once!!! Just have a quick search on the internet.....

Again, great work.

Andrew

First Name
Charles
I have some ideas on that. Seen many different types of variation.