Trumpeter 1/16 Soviet Tank Crew

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6559

Steve - Cheers. Wouldn't know where to start. I did do a couple of face painting guides on the other site, so perhaps it's time to do one for here. Not sure I should pass on my bad habits though. How otherwise to raise £100?

Greg - Cheers Greg. I would recommend these figures for anyone wanting to practice painting clothing. The creases and wrinkles are very clearly defined and fun to work on.

Ralph - Many thanks. That style thing though - I can't see it at all.

Back home after a weekend with a slightly grumpy (teething) granddaughter, so I will be able to get on with this one. Knackered though!

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Its a :thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2: from me.

D

Deleted member 6559

OK, I'll give it a go. Maybe not my next bust, but when I get a really suitable head.

D

Deleted member 6559

OK Steve - I'll give it a try.

In the meantime, this one is finished:

100_3336.JPG

Not that much to do for the last session, just paint and attach the pistol, ammo pouch and machine gun.

I then decided to see if I had a base I could use to mount all four of them, and lo and behold, this one was lurking in a polythene bag on top of the cupboard. So here are the four figures in the series mounted together:

100_3335.JPG

All pretty much made out of the box, bar a couple of head swaps to stop them looking like quadruplets.

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Another triumph my friend.Collectively they go together very nicely indeed.
Super as usual.
Richard

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Hi Peter,
Another brilliant piece, some awesome painting as we’ve come to expect :thumb2:

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Great work Peter

A mean looking group too

Your weekend baby sitting hasn't affected your work either

An SBS would be a real bonus for us mere modelers,

What can possibly be next?

Have a great day with the paint

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Cheers Steve

I did actually find the finishing off a bit tricky after a couple of days away from the bench - just shows. Don't say ''mere modellers'' - I'm still smarting from the 'figure painters aren't modellers' comment. I actually counted the number of parts in the above dio and there are around 120 pieces of plastic, so a not inconsiderable amount of modelling was required.

As for what's next, well it depends on what comes through the letterbox first - I've got a new Mitches figure of a medieval bowman on the way that looks particularly exciting.

Have a great day yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 6559

Steve - Cheers. Nothing wrong with the Royal Mail - always excellent service and our local posties are fine people.

Ralph - Many thanks.

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Steve - Cheers. Nothing wrong with the Royal Mail - always excellent service and our local posties are fine people.

Ralph - Many thanks.
Havent a clue why i typed -

Another corker, and nice to see you are coming the Royal mail in Business ! :tears-of-joy::tears-of-joy:

should have been;

Another corker, and nice to see you are Keeping the Royal mail in Business ! :tears-of-joy::tears-of-joy:

I agree; our 'postie' is great and now understands why we receive so many parcels, though my wife had to explain that when she said 'he does a lot of modelling' it wasn't on the cat walk - now that would be a sight, not a good one though !!

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Your cupboards are indeed a treasure trove of things to find. A very nice base for all the figures to be put together on. I can understand how a break from the bench mid painting of a figure can be awkward. It takes a little time to get back into the flow. Do you practice on something first or just go straight back to where you finished off??