Trumpeter 1/24 FW190 D9

N

Nigel.D

In the comeing days i will be starting this kit i thought you might like a blow by blow account if anyones interested.I have never done anything like this before so please bare with me!

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Carry on Nigel,blow by blow accounts of models being built are always interesting.

N

Nigel.D

I have just started her pics up soon be interesting to see the both of them one huge one small being made

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Good start Nigel,very detailed engine there,so did you individually spray the parts held down with Bluetak first,then scrape off the surplus pain to assemble ?

B

Bunkerbarge

I had never realised that anyone else was manufacturing 1/24th aircraft other than Airfix. I had a look at thier website and the kits look quite interesting.

I look forward to your build Nigel and will find it interesting to compare with the Airfix ones I have made over the years.

N

Nigel.D

no Barryisprayed them on the sprue then touched up where they were cut off then i just picked out the nuts with humbrol alluminium

B

Bunkerbarge

It's always tricky, picking out your nuts with Aluminium.

N

Nigel.D

Richard these are far and away much better than the Airfix 1/24 scale (though i still love the hurri and the harrier) the scope for detailing is very immense

S

squiffythewombat

Thats looking great! i like that weird turbo style fan on the side! Are you going to do the usal weathering/oil/drybrushing etc?

N

Nigel.D

Oh yes I think it will be a paticular dora "Christl" A defence of the Reich marked aircraft it has a wonderful scheme

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
***Toby,next time that you go to Duxford make a point of looking at some of these German aero engines,the Daimler Benz is such a lump,they have one that buried itself twenty feet under the ground in a crash and the supercharger is still intact,I have great respect for the German engineers and their belt and braces engineering,Luftwaffe aircraft are so captivating to enthusiasts the world over.

Thats looking great! i like that weird turbo style fan on the side! Are you going to do the usal weathering/oil/drybrushing etc?

N

Nigel.D

Thats the supercharger Squiff these birds needed it to operate at the level of the heavy bombers

N

Nigel.D

It looks pretty bare without the plumbing and ignition harness these are being scratch built at the mo as the kit offerings are not that good

S

squiffythewombat

Barry, theyve got Me & Fw lumps at hawkinge and they are works of art! I quite agree that, like modern german engineering its almost perfect!

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
*** I would love to do detailed drawings of these German wrelics,those superchargers are enormous.

Barry' date=' theyve got Me & Fw lumps at hawkinge and they are works of art! I quite agree that, like modern german engineering its almost perfect![/quote']