Trumpeter 1/32 SU-27B Flanker

C

Caledonia

Have just finished this model. For me the Flanker is up there with Concorde and the Avro Vulcan as an Iconic Aircraft. It's NATO Code name should be 'The Swan'

In case anyone is thinking of building this Model, you will need planning permission from your Wife for storage, its enormous, the last photo attached shows it against a 1/72 Tornado.

Hope you enjoy looking at my attempt Derek

View attachment 20048

View attachment 20049

View attachment 20050

View attachment 20051

View attachment 20052

View attachment 20053

View attachment 20054

View attachment 20055

View attachment 20056

View attachment 20057

View attachment 20058

SU-27B-A.jpg

SU-27B-B.jpg

SU-27B-C.jpg

SU-27B-D.jpg

SU-27B-E.jpg

SU-27B-F.jpg

SU-27B-G.jpg

SU-27B-H.jpg

SU-27B-J.jpg

SU-27B-K.jpg

SU-27B-L.jpg

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
FANTASTIC! brilliant job derek, i really love the shape of the flanker too,especially in this early three tone scheme.Tell me ,were the etched belts in with the kit or were they bought after? they look great ,really complementing the cockpit detailing. Well done, heres to the next one(got anything planned?) cheers tony:bravo:

C

Caledonia

Tony, Thanks for your kind comments. The whole cockpit is out of the box. The setbelts are PE which came with the kit, they had to be painted of course. Let me know if you want to know anything else. I attach a couple more photo's (excuse the dust).

I am going to attempt a heavily weathered Revell 1/72 Hurricane, then a Tamiya 1/48 F-16C, I would also like to tackle the forthcoming Revell 1/48 Eurofighter and the Tamiya 1/48 F16C Block 25/32 so that's 2010 taken care of.

Thanks Derek

View attachment 20059

View attachment 20060

DSCN1322.jpg

DSCN1323.jpg

Last edited:

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Truly a beautiful aeroplane, beautifully built.

I'd heard that it was big and you'd maybe need a bigger house to keep it in. I've also seen the prices for the kit - and I'd need a second mortgage to afford the kit; let alone a new house to keep it in!

Gern

C

Caledonia

Gern,

Thanks for your comments, I understand what you mean about cost. The SU-27B and my previously posted MIG-29M, are two of my favourite Aircraft, so for me the cost was justisfied. I didn't need a mortgage, as it was a collection of Birthday money and luck, I bought the SU-27B from Modelforsale.com at £20.00 below list price post free, I must have had their last one, it hasn't been on their website since.

I think I will consentrate more on 1/48 scale, as they are a good compromise between detail and the all important storage space. Derek

R

Richard B

:photographer:WOW!!!

great build there Derek!

Cheers

Rich

C

Caledonia

Hi Rich, Many thanks, you seem to be trawling up my grave yard. Good luck with the Hurricane. Cheers Derek