Trumpeter 1/35 12.8mm Selbstfahrlafette L/61 "Sturer Emil"

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
You might need to check this one out Ron. I seem to remember having one in the stash and reading reviews that the driver's seat is about an inch too far forward or backward (can't remember which) so it couldn't be fitted. Having read the review, I put it straight on to ebay and sold it to some other suc... buyer!

Probably not a problem if you're doing it all buttoned up though.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Well Ron,

As they say, "No Rest For The Wicked".......or is that the weary. I'm not sure.........Oh hell, just have fun and keep him happy!

Prost
Allen

PS, Where's the collision scene or did you run out of Guinness again????????????

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Well Ron,

As they say, "No Rest For The Wicked".......or is that the weary. I'm not sure.........Oh hell, just have fun and keep him happy!

Prost
Allen

PS, Where's the collision scene or did you run out of Guinness again????????????

Guinness? I thought Boddies was Ron's tipple of choice! Anyway, betcha the weathers been too bad for Justine to throw 'em straight enough for the camera.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Anyway, betcha the weathers been too bad for Justine to throw 'em straight enough for the camera.

I don't know Dave, but in his blog, he said Justine needed a couple of Guinness' before she could throw 'em up in the air properly. Yea, the rain could have something to do with it though..................

Prost
Allen

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Apologies Ron! It's not this one that has the issue with the seat, it's the Dicker Max kit! I believe the Dicker Max was a smaller version of this one with a smaller gun.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Morning 570.
Looks an interesting beast, so will join the assembled members in the front row.
Black coffee please.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks for the encouraging posts boys.
453, I doubt there will be anywhere near enough punters to fill the front seats, so why not choose the second row and then you can put your feet up on the seat in front of you?

To my mates on here expressing concern for the none appearance of the 'Collision' on another build. It has proven to be extremely difficult for my wife to co-ordinate the throwing of both aircraft to achieve the desired angles for the photos. I have had to get assistance from my eldest son. He threw the Dornier and my wife, the Hurricane. All went well and I will post the result soon.

Thank you for your kind thoughts during what was a nail biting and stressful time.

Idu Flynggitt, C.E.O.
Plastic Chuckers Inc.
Fairy Spotters Lane.
Farttin by the Sea.

Last edited:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
So I gather they're washed once a year - whether they need it or not?
Quite so Dave, standards have to be kept. :nerd:.

Oh, the poor fish!
Pete
No don't worry about the fish Pete, they are taken out and placed in 2 water barrels. :upside:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Meanwhile, back at the factory....

I won't bore you good people with a rivet by rivet build, I'll just post the salient points.
Suspension, rollers, idlers and drive wheels fixed, and all brush painted using Vallejo Air German Grey.

P1270730.JPG

P1270731.JPG

Cheers.
Ron