Trumpeter 1/35 3.7cm Flak 37 Auf Sd.kfz. 7/2 Early Version.

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Whilst waiting for another white basecoat to dry on the Beriev Be200, I've chosen the next build...................
It was a toss up whether this went in the softskin section or here - but the flak gun is the important thing.
01525.jpg
This has been in the stash for a few years - the price sticker on the side is £36.99 - but I can't believe I paid that!!!!:confused:
A lot of parts - a whole lot of them are the individual track links, but being a half track not that bad ( !! ). I'll be taking some sprue shots in the next day or so. There are 14 sprues for the vehicle, trailer & gun, 7 for the tracks, 4 small PE frets & 3 vinyl tyres.
I think this will be painted using the ICM Acrylic Marder Set, to see how they perform!!
Dave

Last edited:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looks interesting Dave. Box art is nice as well….looks like a Greek setting to me…..

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
DAVE!!
Looks superb... I'm definitely in for the long haul on this one Sir :smiling3:
Andy

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
That is a lot of bits!!

Reactions: JR

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Bring it on......
.... I`m looking forward to this Dave:cool:!!
Andy

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
A few detail shots:-
The chassis is flatpack, with substantial side rails
DSCF2186.JPG
The tracks are 3 parts per link - 54 links per side...........................DSCF2180.JPGDSCF2184.JPG
Drive rollers
DSCF2185.JPG
Outer roadwheel
DSCF2183.JPG
The trailer has solid plastic tyres - unlike the 1/2 track, which has vinyl parts
DSCF2187.JPG
Not another wheel, the winch drum ( with a bit of flash ) fitted underneath the load bed
DSCF2182.JPG
Load BedDSCF2189.JPGDSCF2190.JPGDSCF2195.JPG

The kit gun barrel compared with the RB metal replacement............
DSCF2191.JPG

The PE frets: Some of which will not be used - the gun shields, for example ( bottom left )
DSCF2179.JPG
The plastic bits are thin enough for me! Some tiny parts, but not microsurgery bad!

And I'm using this as a test of these ICM paints
DSCF2177.JPG
Don't think much of the colour descriptions, but as long as they look the part, I'm not bothered

This really can be broken down into 3 models, the gun, the trailer & the vehicle, I may make one at a time!
Construction will commence soon
Dave

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
That’s looking interesting already. The parts look well-moulded, better than some Trumpeter I’ve seen, but I wonder if the fit is as well? I’ve got a Dragon Sd.Kfz. 7 (with a load bed, but no gun) waiting to be built, so it’ll be interesting to see how this kit compares to that in terms of construction.

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
That’s looking interesting already. The parts look well-moulded, better than some Trumpeter I’ve seen, but I wonder if the fit is as well? I’ve got a Dragon Sd.Kfz. 7 (with a load bed, but no gun) waiting to be built, so it’ll be interesting to see how this kit compares to that in terms of construction.
Bet the big difference will be the instructions!
Dave

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Chances are you’ve got the better kit in that respect, certainly :smiling3:

Isitme

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Dave,
I see the problem with the worry of you spending £36.99 on a kit. You were looking to the future and actually spent £6.99 on the kit and £30 on the box thinking that it could be converted into a suitcase for the hols.....
Looking forward to your magic on this one, I remember the old ESCI kits which included the half-track. Demag.
Cheers,
Mike

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Dave,
I see the problem with the worry of you spending £36.99 on a kit. You were looking to the future and actually spent £6.99 on the kit and £30 on the box thinking that it could be converted into a suitcase for the hols.....
Looking forward to your magic on this one, I remember the old ESCI kits which included the half-track. Demag.
Cheers,
Mike
I seem to remember the Esci Demag with a 20mm gun mounted on the back..................that was a long time ago!
Dave

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Yep! showing my age.....;)
I vaguely remembered seeing one in the stash somewhere - after a bit of mining & exploring - I found this.......
demag .jpg
No figures, and the vehicle body has been assembled - I'm guessing it was part of an ebay auction, that I looked in the box & consigned to the unvisited region of my stash!! It has some of the worst rubber/vinyl tracks that I have seen for some time :confounded:
Dave

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Dave
It may have cost more than you like to pay but there's a lot of plastic for the money. Looks nice but time will tell when you start building.
I didn't know ICM did paints.
Jim

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Hi Dave
It may have cost more than you like to pay but there's a lot of plastic for the money. Looks nice but time will tell when you start building.
I didn't know ICM did paints.
Jim
Jim,
ICM have been releasing sets for specific models, like the 1/48 Cobra & 1/35 G7017 US Truck. John has the Marder & the Cobra sets in stock at £6.60 for 5 x 12ml paints & a matt varnish - They are for brush painting, pointing out you have to thin them for a/b. I haven't tried them yet & this model will be the test, for both brush & airbrush.
I'm absolutely sure I wouldn't have paid that much for the model - but what I did pay is lost in the past!
Dave

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Off we go! The gloss varnish is drying on my Beriev, so I made a start on this - I knocked up the Ammo Trailer in a short time.
DSCF2197.JPG
Fit was perfect, and today, even the PE & CA behaved!
I might just use this as a test bed for the ICM paints - just to see how they spray, before moving onto the really complex bits. If it doesn't work out, it's only a simple part to repaint..................
Dave