Trumpeter 1/35 3.7cm Flak 37 Auf Sd.kfz. 7/2 Early Version.

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Well Dave, I tip my hat to you Sir for doing this build. I was excited to get my own copy, but sadly, did not get very far into the build. I guess I've gotten pampered with Dragon one-piece frames. This frame and in particular, the sub-frame for the winch spool, was just.... fiddly. I realized I was having no fun, just fretting over if the chassis would wind up sitting straight and level. Funny, I built Trumpeter's Sdkfz. 8 Flak 88 a while back and rather enjoyed that. This time though I felt like I was taking on a junior Miniart kit.... sighhh.....Time to put Pandora back in her box.
Ron,
Yes, if you aren't enjoying a build, it's better to put it back in it's box - either to await a resurgence of mojo, or to sit there brooding.........
I know what you mean about MiniArt! I have only one MiniArt model in my stash - a T-55A - I occasionally open the box, and wonder at the number of sprues packed in. Then back into the stash it goes - maybe one day!
Hopefully I'll be getting back to the bench, and resume the build ( the winch spool isn't easy AND you can't see it anyway! )
Dave