Trumpeter 1/35 Baureihe 52 mit Steifrahmentender

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
That is NICE Jack and the Panther certainly puts it in context, time wise.......very interesting. :thumb2: Rick H.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Jack .
this just goes from strength to strength. Love the detail of the coal bunker with the over spill on the gravel , ace thought there .:thumb2:
Well done .So much to look at and some great details .

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Wow!! That is coming on beautifully!!!

Great work.

ATB.

Andrew

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Morn Jack,

Been following this from the cheap seats and can only echo what the guys have said. A really super dio coming together with lots of fine touches that make it shine. This must take up a bit of space though. I'd love to do a RR scene, but alas, my apartment is too small for the undertaking. Keep up the fantastic work Sir!!!

Prost
Allen

Jack L

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jack
Jack .
this just goes from strength to strength. Love the detail of the coal bunker with the over spill on the gravel , ace thought there .:thumb2:
Well done .So much to look at and some great details .
Thanks John. Have spent a fair few hours trawling through various dioramas on here and elsewhere and it's definitely the small details that catch the eye. Have a lot of screenshots I am taking inspiration from.
Wow!! That is coming on beautifully!!!

Great work.

ATB.

Andrew
Thanks Andrew!
Ohh you've been a busy boy! This is super stuff,Jack
Very Kind Neil, thank you!

Morn Jack,

Been following this from the cheap seats and can only echo what the guys have said. A really super dio coming together with lots of fine touches that make it shine. This must take up a bit of space though. I'd love to do a RR scene, but alas, my apartment is too small for the undertaking. Keep up the fantastic work Sir!!!

Prost
Allen
Thanks Allen. I'll throw you a cushion if you need. Yeah it's large. Probably 5x the size of anything I have attempted before. Thankfully...I have a whole loft as my modelling space. It's not ideal for bench time (light, heat, ventilation etc), but perfect for storage!

Jack L

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jack
Looking good Jack. It’s developing well.
Thank you Tim.
Jack,
Coming together very nicely, like the modified stove.
Thanks Scottie. I just managed to snap the door off!

So other than breaking the stove, managed a little progress today: made a door.
13553BE6-E615-4649-ABB0-82B5CAC18790.jpeg
Not overly happy with the hinges, but they will do. All cut from pewter sheet. The ring on the latch stamped twice with two sizes of hole punch.

Rivets made with a way I picked up from a modelling website. Don’t think it was on here, but apologies If I have unwitingly plagerised someone else’s post. I can’t justify buying a punch and die set, but switching a drillbit round in a pin vice, and pressing, ‘blunt end’ into pewter sheet onto a soft surface (in this case, a silicone sandbag) gives very nice rivets/bolt heads, sized by the drillbit.
B05F04AA-2116-493B-BA6A-2CEC05818263.jpegEFD6D227-D975-4326-AB1F-72498C72AF51.jpeg

Last edited:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Jack
Great progress. Looks really good. A huge amount of work but worth it when it turns out as well as this.
Jim

Jack L

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jack
Hi Jack
Great progress. Looks really good. A huge amount of work but worth it when it turns out as well as this.
Jim
Thanks Jim. Think I have finally learned a bit of patience with this one!

Today’s progress has been the exterior of the little railway shed. I have definitely gone over the top with the creeping shrubbery, but it’s to hide the texture of the foam board, and I like the effect so it’s staying, regardless of how unlikely it would be on a large slab of concrete. I am clueless so far as to what and how to construct a simple roof. Corrugated is my first thought, but suggestions more than welcome.
755D0104-AA08-43B9-88E7-2B7C2FADA57D.jpegAB989EDB-42D1-4EEA-A7A9-8DF97DF09A7C.jpeg

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Love it Jack.m.
First thought on the roof would be corrugated.
Nothing fancy for the supports, a reasonably thick plastic sheet glued onto the top of those walls and using that for the base apply the corrugated sheet.
I made my own jig from a set of pre formed plastic sheets by Juweela 1/35
.pm if you want any more information on that .

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looks good Jack. Another option on the roof is felt and battens. It’s used quite often on utilitarian structures like railway sheds. Great to see the old school rivet technique as well. That was how it was done in the days before rivet punch and die sets we’re commonplace. Plastic sheet pressed into roofing lead was the old way of doing it.

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Terrific stuff Jack. Turning into a really busy and detailed diorama. Great scratch elements too.
Keep up the great work :thumb2:

Paul