Trumpeter 1/35 JGSDF Type99 HSP

V

virtue66

Hello awesome people.

Right... so I have here another finished kit for you following after the little gem DANA. This here is one of Trumpeter's best. Retailing at £29.99, this beautiful gal comes in a large box with no fewer then 200 parts and a fret of PE and ( surprise, surprise !! ) with separate rubber tires for the wheels.

I painted this beautiful gal in Tamiya. A friend who is also building this and me spent alot of time trying to narrow down the best brand for the colour but I ended up settling for the Tamiya JGSDF Brown and Dark Green. As I have painted the Type90 and Type10 with the Tamiya colours, I am more comfortable with those colours.

For weathering, I kept it rather clean apart from the various shades of mud and many streakings. I am very very weak in making streakings and since this baby offer a lot of nicely angled surfaces, I though I'd give streakings another try. I used a grey colour streaking wash which I applied following a friend's suggestion; that is to streak them from bottom to up. I let it dry and apply another gloss and put on streakings that go top to bottom using oil; a total of 5 different oil colours were used. I am really happy with how all the streakings came out. Doing the streakings on the DANA really helped me improved and did a proper job on this.

I debated for a long time on the mud and I decided to go for the dried mud and slightly more wet muds to depict the vehicle going on a field that is slightly damp. I saw a lot of pictures showing this moving around damp fields so I decided to go for that.

Well, that's about as much I can sum up about the build. More informations and more photos ( many more) can be found on my blog -

http://modeller-innovation.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/trumpeter-135-jgsdf-type99-hsp.html

Please do have a look and thank you so much in advance for any feedback you guys may have. C&C are welcomed. Just be gentle... LOL.

Until the next launch .

Lee W

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Top job...It looks awesome!!! ;)

Lee :smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
That is a fantastic build it's another great build from you I like this a lot :smiling3:

L

Laurie

Very nice Gary. I have all the Afghanistan Herrick group to build and looking for inspiration and there is a lot here.

Think your weathering, distressing is just right. For me going over the top takes away the detail of the model.

Laurie

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looks awesome,Gray, well done

V

virtue66

\ said:
Top job...It looks awesome!!! ;) Lee :smiling3:
Thanks lee...

\ said:
That is a fantastic build it's another great build from you I like this a lot :smiling3:
Many thanks Alan ... and thanks remembering my other works as well

\ said:
Very nice Gary. I have all the Afghanistan Herrick group to build and looking for inspiration and there is a lot here.Think your weathering, distressing is just right. For me going over the top takes away the detail of the model.

Laurie
Many many thanks Laurie ... So glad to hear I can be a part of inspirations for your work ....

\ said:
Very nice build Gary.Cheers
Thank you for the support as always

\ said:
looks awesome,Gray, well done
Many thanks Monica

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Very good work Gary, that is an enormous gun.

T

treyzx10r

Great looking build Gary,really like the finish! Very nicely done Sir!

First Name
Aaron
Ive seen this beast fire.really impressive work mate.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Top work again Gary, this is lovely a quality model.

Si:smiling3:

V

virtue66

\ said:
Very good work Gary, that is an enormous gun.
Thanks .. that is a big gun

\ said:
Great looking build Gary,really like the finish! Very nicely done Sir!
Thank you sir... it could be better but that's the best I can do. . FOR NOW... :P

\ said:
Ive seen this beast fire.really impressive work mate.
aww man.. I wish I could see it in action

\ said:
Top work again Gary, this is lovely a quality model.Si:smiling3:
Thank you Si ...

\ said:
That's one big gun Gary great job
Thanks man