Trumpeter 1/35 Kriegslocomotive BR52

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
That's looking pretty good so far Scott.

If ever I can scratch up enough money, I'd like to get one of these things. what's the kit quality like? I've got a few trumpeter kits and they are a mixed bunch. Some are excellent - others need a lot of work. I'd be disappointed if I spent a lot of money on a kit like this if there's huge amounts of clean-up work needed to get it built.

Gern

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Looking excellent so far scott mate,loving the little drivers instruction sheets in the cab also the little things that make all the difference like the soot marks beneath the firebox hatch (i dont know if thats the right name but you get the idea!!) keep it up mate , cheers tony

M

msm2

Will be following this as I have the Hobbyboss 1/72 scale one. Nice detail with paper and soot. How about a little frying pan somewhere for the bratwurst.

Tony..

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Scott

Looks great so far. I have the same kit so will be following this build closely. Good luck with the loco.

All the best

Paul

F

Fenlander

Nice work on the red hand wheels and the seats, great wear and weathering.

B

Bunkerbarge

I can't fault the weathering in the cab, it looks absolutely spot on and shows just how well you understand the subject.

Great kit and a really interesting subject with huge diorama possibilities.

N

noble

Hi all i will be doing a complete review on this in a few days so i will detail as much as i can then but thanks for the great comments as yet iam torn between the colours so some help would be appreciated on this matter, will post some more pics in a few days.

scott

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Looking Good Scott, I might suggest a bit more wear on the outside edges of the hand wheels if I may. Those things got slapped round as much if not more than turned my the handle, and can be quite brightly polished after a time.

Love the coal dust on the floor!

This is going to be inpressive, and I am looking forwards to the progress.

N

noble

Cheers ian, thought about that last night and am already on it, will be posting more shots this evening of the locomotive and tender.

scott

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
I've been thinking about doing a loco for a while so I've just ordered Italeri 1:87 - Schwere Guterzuglokomotive Baurehin and Mherzwecklokomotive Baurehi 41 hopefully will have the time at xmas to do them, so I will be following this thread

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
That is an inpresive machine! Just how long is it?

As far as the painting goes? It looks solid in Black/red but that could be the problem, to solid. The camo painted one? I have never seen a camoflge painted train before, so from where I am sitting its very different.

I guess in the end its all up to what the diorama will depict. A lone loco in a siding would look great in black and red. though a compleat train with a line of wagons with tanks on. Or if you are going for one of the big guns, and the accompanying wagons. So camo for that one! which ever you choose it will be a real talking point.

I would also like to say that the loco looks great. I thought you said you would go it slow on this build!!!

N

noble

\ said:
That is an inpresive machine! Just how long is it?As far as the painting goes? It looks solid in Black/red but that could be the problem, to solid. The camo painted one? I have never seen a camoflge painted train before, so from where I am sitting its very different.

I guess in the end its all up to what the diorama will depict. A lone loco in a siding would look great in black and red. though a compleat train with a line of wagons with tanks on. Or if you are going for one of the big guns, and the accompanying wagons. So camo for that one! which ever you choose it will be a real talking point.

I would also like to say that the loco looks great. I thought you said you would go it slow on this build!!!
Hi ian it measures just under 1 metre long so far, and i thought i was going slow lol, if you are interested i've written a review on this kit so tell me what you think.

scott

F

Fenlander

I would like to see the camo scheme but it looks pretty much together, are you able to break it down any for painting Scott?

Something been bugging me since you started this thread and suddenly it came to me. In April 2008, I visited our local steam railways main station. The Nene Valley Railway has its headquarters and main depot at Wansford just outside Peterborough, anyone watch Eastenders recently when there was a scene with a car on a railway crossing just getting clear as a diesel bore down on it? That was Wansford. Sad I should know that but there you go....

Anyway, back in April 2008 I took a few pics on a not very nice day amongst which are these two. Sorry the pics are not very good, I was just grabbing a record shot.

Kreigslok 2-10-0 7173. Which I believe is very similar to yours Scott

and German class 64 2-6-2T 64305 Not sure if this is anything like the one of the ones John has on order.

Both engines are classed as 'in storage' pending restoration. Not sure if they are on loan or if Nene Valley own them

N

noble

Nice one Graham love the pics very useful indeed, the coal tender and the loco are seperated to join them it takes a pin but thats it if you are spraying then careful masking is in order i think.

scott

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
What a machine Scott. Great build.

My present build, the 1/87 German BR50 would look like a pimple next to this.

I don't know if you have spotted this on Google images but it's a working model in a very nice cammo., complete with wagons, figures and a tank...type in 'German transport system WW2'

Ron

N

noble

sounds like a nice dio OP Ron i haven't sen it but i will have a look as it sounds interesting.

scott

D

dmhmd

Great job nice interior detail I need to perfect myself.

Have done the German WR 360 C 12 Armored Locomotive with Railway Gondola (Low Sides) by Trumpeter but did not know this was was out yet.

Thanks for your work and notice of this great locomotive.

View attachment 22408

View attachment 29256

tanks locomotive and car  8 23 10.jpg

Last edited:
B

Bunkerbarge

A couple of lovely shots there Graham. Might even be worth the journey to get some more to help with the model.

The story of how they both got there must be an interesting one.