Trumpeter 1/35 M1078 LMTV Standard Cargo Truck

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Fernando.
Sorry mate I missed the start of this. Have no doubt It will be up to your normal high standards,............. the build and paint photos prove that. Like the idea of doing thin coats, I must do the same. Camo is most effective. :thumb2:
John.

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Good evening all,

Paul, thanks I always love to have a crack at a nice camo job.:thumb2:

John, thank you:thumb2: and nothing to be sorry about I miss a lot too….:upside:

Steve, thank you too:thumb2: and just a little dusting here and there:smiling4:, see below.

When the second gloss coat was dry, it was time to put in the detail paint work mainly the indicators.
Found out this year that a base coat of Revell 90 or another silver followed by Gunze clears give an indicator look I much like so that is standard for me with each build.

After that it was time to put the decals on, followed by a little Dark Brown wash of A.Mig-1005, all over coated with VJ matt for protection.
With the matt dry it was time to remove the masking and then disaster struck….. when removing the windshield mask the knife moved over the clear part…..whoops from now on the crack is part of the weathering.:worried::smiling5:

A thin layer of dusting was applied with VJ 71.323 BS Dark Earth sprayed on, most around the wheels and since the windshield was cracked I made a mask to the wiper pattern and lightly sprayed around it.

Had great help from mother nature this morning with the sun shining, so here are the first set of photo’s:
20181224_095516_resized.jpg
20181224_095534_resized.jpg
20181224_095546_resized.jpg
20181224_095556_resized.jpg
20181224_095617_resized.jpg
Will make a second set one of these days to put in the appropriate ''complete'' folder.
Thanks for looking in and have a Merry Christmas everyone.
Fernando

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Terrific build Fernando. I like the hand written stuff. Was that with the kit or done by your own fair hand??

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Colin and Steve, thanks guys appreciated.:thumb2:
Steve the written stuff is kit supplied decals, my handwriting is more like cuneiform:surprised:, good thing someone invented the keyboard…:smiling5: