Trumpeter 1/35 Type 59D with Reactive Armor (00315)

D

dubster72

Sorry Polux, I can't agree! They may be different kits, but they all look exactly the same!

No wash, no weathering, same decals, gun barrel undrilled ...

I would have thought that by the 4th time with the same kit some improvements in technique would be apparent.

I know I'll get flak for being so blunt, but I spend a lot of time trying to improve my skills, instead of recycling the same kit again & again.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
I agree Patrick this kit has done the rounds and has been added to but not enhanced. I mentioned about the tracks, etc that needed sorting, just to lift them slightly. Nothing against the OP, and I do not wish to put anybody off or for them to stop posting-heavens we all started somewhere-however, just gluing bit on to the same model is not really working-do something with the model-good or bad-just enhance it-ask questions if you're unsure.

Si:smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Trumpeter 1/35 Type 59 Chinese Medium Tank (00303)

I think I see what he is doing, using the same chassis but showing the different gun an armour layouts of this type of tank. It could be a test bed, hence no great detailing.

D

dubster72

But each thread shows a different box, giving the impression they're separate builds.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
But each thread shows a different box, giving the impression they're separate builds.
Oh aye...just saw them. Dunno then?o_O

Actually, just looked at them all again, and although they do look the same, I think they're different builds, just that he uses a very similar technique in painting. If you look closer there appears to be subtle differences. If that is the case, then he still needs to freshen them up and work on some detailing. I like them very much, but they are just lacking, wouldn't take much IMO to get them looking better.

T

tjo018

I put the kit photos and identification. The four tanks came from the different kits. I want to upload the history of Chinese tanks. I uploaded the different versions of type 59.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
I put the kit photos and identification. The four tanks came from the different kits. I want to upload the history of Chinese tanks. I uploaded the different versions of type 59.
Fair enough mate, I do like them and think it is a nice set to have showing the variations. As I pointed out, just a slight enhancement in painting and weathering will bring out the detail more.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
In the next series of works, I would like to do that.
hey tjo- I know they were rather blunt but you must work to improve you builds realisticness

[if that's even a word but you get my drift} please refer to my "Duster AASPG" thread in "Completed Armored Veh" and see advice I gave to TIBBS on dark washing and dry brushing techniques just keep scrolling you'll find it, hope it helps , maybe then you can deflect some of their wrath! ;) Yours JIM.