Trumpeter 1/35 WW2 Russian KV-5 Super Heavy Tank

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
I had other builds in the pipe line then I remembered this kit. Yet another given to me by my Grandson to build whilst he is in Uni..and in lockdown to boot!

So it's 'digital extractum' time!

P1270880.JPG

Sorry folks, I forgot to take the sprue photos.... :upside:

I won't possibly bore you good people with suspension and wheel pictures, so here they are fixed to the chassis.
Multi coloured green paint roughly brushed on right at the offset to give me a bit of shade difference to the final green ( or if you are posh, I think it's called colour modulation?)
P1280431.JPG

Off and running.(Very fast)
Cheers.
Ron

Last edited:

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
A‘noon Mr Ron,
No sprue shots, no wheel or suspension pictures.....Some of us sad beggars enjoy looking at the pictures you know!
( mainly coz I struggle with the words ;))

I do so love your contempt for anything that isn’t a 20p paintbrush and some paint that came free off the front of a magazine :smiling5:
Your one in a million.... Keep being you sir:thumb2:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Never seen one O' them Beasties afore. I'm following just in case that "dodgy dude" from Race towers gets off his leash and gets up to no good on this.......hope you can keep him reeled in....he's mad as a Monk when he gets 4BO up 'is oonker! Rick H.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks for the most excellent, amusing and somewhat puzzling posts chaps.

Si. I know what you mean, but not quite contempt. I just prefer the cheapest, simplest, quickest, and certainly no hassle from things that go 'Hiss in the night'. I was brought up to model with the most basic of modelling stuff, so I'm perfectly happy to puddle along using these. My latest weeze is to decant those little tubes of polystyrene cement from starter kits into my Revell Contacta 25g dispenser. Works a treat and better than paying big money out for a new Contacta. Oh, and don't you just love starter kit paints? I do.....

Pete- Buy it? You're joking. I found a copy in a skip when rummaging for diorama bases!

Lee. Yes, it is nicely done.

Bob and Rick - I don't really know what 4BO is. :upside: I suspect it's Russian Green paint. If so, then that's what I'll be brushing on to the model.

As for 453, I still have an issue with a certain book and once I arrive at Race Towers, he ain't going nowhere in a hurry!

Cheers all.
Ron

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Ron

Squeezing the glue out! Genius. Have half a dozen of those in the box somewhere!!!

ATB

Andrew

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Ron
Only 8 responses so far and I've already got a smile on my face. I'm ready to be entertained and I'm certain I will be.
Jim

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
My latest weeze is to decant those little tubes of polystyrene cement from starter kits into my Revell Contacta 25g dispenser.
25g? Have you won the lottery or something? I use the 12.5g from the Hurricane starter kit!

Joking aside, that's a good idea for when you need something a bit slower-setting than the Contacta.
Pete

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I 'm watching 570 !:anguished::cold-sweat:

This green is as near as you can get . Available in trail pots from all good diy stores, and cheap !

1603809259075.png

4BO Preservation society.
c/o
Broadmoor Hospital .
Ward 6 bed 9 .
Patient No 453.

Last edited:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Missing a Red Star and a patriotic slogan! otherwise a close facsimile. :tongue-out3: Sorry if I jacked your thread 570......:sad-face:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks for the great posts boys. :thumb2:

Tracks on. Following the instructions for the track configuration would leave you with 8 links short per side!

No big dramas, 'cos luckily the right amount of links were supplied, so I just tootled around the wheels doing my own thing along until luckily, both ends of the tracks met!

P1280435.JPG

Great track detail, virtually no cleaning up and an excellent link to link fit. Just a pity someone at Trumpeter can't count.
P1280436.JPG

P1280437.JPG

P1280438.JPG

Cheers.
Ron

Last edited:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Thats looking good 570, the sag is perfect.