Trumpeter 1 350 Russian Tashkent

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Afternoon all

Finally a completed ship, not good enough but getting there, albeit slowly20211122_131235.jpg20211122_131244.jpg20211122_131249.jpg20211122_131307.jpg20211122_131313.jpg
Learnt a lot and not near so many mistakes but need to do somethings differently.

Will not spray on the sprue again, in furture will remove from sprue leaving only one attachment point and in colour groups

The brush painting is poor, sorry, not helped by ME poor skill and some shakes!

Use Mr Color with mid retarder for brush work, do not know wether to carry on or use vallejo just for small brush jobs, but afraid that colour might not be exactly the same?

Should have made a lot of the main paint, there is a slight difference in places

Hope it goes someway to being a ship? Next is Admiral Graf Spee. Should be better again

Last edited:

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
I think you've done a great job here Bobtheboat. Keep it coming! Now where is the crew??? Now get cracking and paint up about 10-20 figgies for it Admiral..........................

Prost
Allen (almost Ret.)

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Hey Bob!!
Bugger all wrong with that mate :thumb2: ,
A cracking result if you ask me..... hat`s off to you for achieving that in such a tiny scale:cool:,
Congratulations indeed Sir,i look forward to seeing thye next one roll off your slipway!
Andy

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Thank you all, BUT figures, nnnooooo! That would make me ring the sarmaritans:upside::thumb2:

Have learnt that must paint the back of railings before adding bits close to railings!!

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Bob,
that looks very good - you need some sort of stand to show it off & have a nameplate! Now you've got that under your belt, the Graf Spee will be another step up. Not mixing enough paint is one of my recurring fears, I always end up with far more than I need...................
Dave

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Bob,
that looks very good - you need some sort of stand to show it off & have a nameplate! Now you've got that under your belt, the Graf Spee will be another step up. Not mixing enough paint is one of my recurring fears, I always end up with far more than I need...................
Dave
I usually do that Dave, but this was a mix of 90/10%, also ran out of paint, both to add to the 'do' list in future!!

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Congratulations Bob .The committee was called and of course there was a unanimous decision to award the Dogs .
2020DB (1).jpg
I can't see anything wrong with it mate, each build we do is experience , on to the next one .You stepped well out of your comfort zone , might even see you build some Russian armour yet .:smiling3:

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Congratulations Bob .The committee was called and of course there was a unanimous decision to award the Dogs .
View attachment 438955
I can't see anything wrong with it mate, each build we do is experience , on to the next one .You stepped well out of your comfort zone , might even see you build some Russian armour yet .:smiling3:
Very kind John

Now i have built Russian armour and my nose is not getting longer lol

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
BOB well you heard the guys an i can echo all their comments you have done very well m8ty i cant see nothing up with tashy an im proud to see you build so good so dont be hard o your self as has been said enjoy like i am looking at your new ship VERY WELL DONE YOU DESVERE THE DOGS WHICH YOU HAVE BEEN AWARDED
Chris

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
BOB well you heard the guys an i can echo all their comments you have done very well m8ty i cant see nothing up with tashy an im proud to see you build so good so dont be hard o your self as has been said enjoy like i am looking at your new ship VERY WELL DONE YOU DESVERE THE DOGS WHICH YOU HAVE BEEN AWARDED
Chris
Cheers Chris

Hopefully Graf Spee will be better again! Much appreciate your kind comments!
I'm joining the previous comments and confirm that it's a very nice build of an elegant ship.
Thanks Andy, i agree handsome ship, elegant!