TRUMPETER 1/700 - USS HORNET CV-8 "Doolittle"

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
TRUMPETER 1/700 - USS HORNET CV-8 "Doolittle Raid"

This will be my next build. USS Hornet launched the 16 B-25'2 that bombed targets in Japan. It's a 1/700 waterline model. Come with a load of aircraft and a seascape base........... I've been doing a bit of research. I can find loads of photos and information on the ship and the raid. But not much in the way of build "blogs". There are plenty on building the Tamiya kit. But I chose the Trumpeter because the general consensus out there is that the Trumpeter is a better kit........... It's been years since I built a ship.......

So if anyone has built this. Then any pointers or advice would be most welcome.

View attachment 113781

hornet.jpg

M

models4hobby

We have a chap at our club building the 1:350 Scale goodluck on your build. I'll see if we can get some pictures of his build

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
\ said:
We have a chap at our club building the 1:350 Scale goodluck on your build. I'll see if we can get some pictures of his build
Thanks

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
The Hornet has finally turned up .......... All the way from China.......... And this, when I start it, it is going to be a real challenge. I didn't realise just how small this thing is. the hull is 14" long and 1 3/4" wide......... and I've got to get 16 B25 bombers & 5 F4F's on the deck ........ and several others on the open hanger deck.........:eek:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Yep, 1/700 is tiny really, good luck with it.

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
Just as soon as I get the MIG21 done it'll be on the plot ........ It won't take up much of the plot, but it'll be on it. :D