Trumpeter 1/72 Fairey Gannet (Animal Antics GB)

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Sorry for missing this till now Jim...
Beautiful result, looks a lot bigger than 1/72.
Neat inclusion of the base :thumb2: :thumb2:.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Fernando
Many thanks. As I said earlier nice comments from people whose work I admire really boosts the old mojo :thumb2:
Jim

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Jim sorry I missed the end result up to now but wow as the guys have said what a realistic an beautifull model an in only 1/72 I thought it would at least be 1/48 the overall finish is fanstastic I only wish I could model like this but im useless at wheathering an I hav'nt got a airbrush but im astonished is a better word I think Jim very very well done on this gannet. as I remember way back in the late 1960 's I whatched a real one taxi past me at an airshow at RAF COLTISHALL an It had what I thought looked great an that a black an yellow wirrly line on the prop spinner an to me it looked like a wasp an as it taxied past the engine was spittin an bangin an smokin but it was great to see one of these as it was a first for me as the main aircraft at the base were the fantastic E/E lightning what some fanstatic times they were an now I look over at that base an its dead what a pity an a shame I now look up an the sky's are empty oh how I miss those days ( sigh )
chris

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
A bit late to the party. But your build is really rather smart. Very nice job indeed Jim.

Archetype

FAA plane builder
First Name
Chris
Love it! I have one of these and I just hope mines comes out as well as this!

wotan

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Jim
That really is an impressive job. Very neatly built and painted. Bravo

John

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Thanks guys for your kind comments. When fellow modellers take the time to encourage me I really appreciate it.
Jim

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
My sincerest of all apologies Jim. I cannot believe I missed the final reveal of this fantastic build. It really has been done to such a high standard. Stunning work all round. Many thanks for taking part in the GB and the Gannet is a worthy addition to the menagerie of animals that have assembled during this GB

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Steve
No apologies needed. There are far too many great builds on this forum and you simply can't keep up with them all.
I really value your kind comment :thumb2:
Jim