Trumpeter 8 ton semitrack

N

noble

Hi folks here is another offering from my bench, it is trumpeters 1/35 8 ton semi track. This kit is nicely detailed however it is not one for the faint of heart, lots and lots of tiny parts. The canvas cover is scratch built and the figures are Tamiya. Hope you like it but as always any and all comments are most welcome be they good or bad.

scott

View attachment 81085

View attachment 81086

View attachment 81087

View attachment 81088

View attachment 81089

View attachment 81090

View attachment 81091

View attachment 81092

View attachment 81093

View attachment 81094

8 ton semitrack 1.jpg

8 ton semitrack2.jpg

8 ton semitrack 3.jpg

8 ton semitrack 4.jpg

8 ton semitrack 5.jpg

8 ton semitrack 6.jpg

8 ton semitrack 7.jpg

8 ton semitrack 8.jpg

IMG_3470.JPG

IMG_3469.JPG

T

tommy1drop

Nice build Scott, lovely paint work and finishing, want me to start mine now ;) lovely build buddy.

D

dubster72

That's really nice Scott, I like that a lot! You do love a half-track, but they always turn our so well.

Cheers

Patrick

Lee W

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Nice build Scott, I like that a lot

Lee

N

noble

Lee, Patrick, Tommy thanks very much for the great comments. It's very much appreciated yes you could say I do like a good half track, thanks again folks.

scott

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
great build Scott, real like it alot, so much detail and the painting and weathering is great as well, ;)

the figures are well done also, tiny faces with eye,lol, :rolleyes:

may i ask what did you use to scratch build the tarp ? looks real good,

N

noble

Hi Monica thanks for the great comments.

I used man size tissues which were cut to size then dipped in pva and water mix, then placed on the kit.

scott

P

Polux

Wow!

The wood effect is simply perfect Scott!! The canvas and the tracks are really nice :rolleyes:

Great build ;)

W

Willi262

It looks good, as weathered old trucks go, but something is bothering me. Maybe it's just my eyes, or maybe I don't know how to build one of these (I don't), but it looks like the spring suspension over the front axle ...is upside down.

I could be wrong, and I am fully willing to admit if I am, but, something isn't setting right...

W

Willi262

Nope, looks like you are correct.

I checked some other pics on line about the 8 ton half-track, and all the shots show the spring bar facing the way you have it.

I'm wrong. Sorry.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Superb scott I really like this a lot top job mate :smiling3: