Trumpeter B1 "Centauro" AFV Early Version

B

bugsaint

My next quick build out the way ready for more airbrushing practice. This time I wanted to give colour modulation a try as I've seen it on other models done with a nice effect. It'll also gives me a chance to get more experience mixing paints and thinning. I'm not sure if I've done it correctly but these were my steps and results:

Step 1 - Grey primer all over

Step 2 - Olive and black acrylic mix thinned and then built up layers of shadow (or just edges - I just used my imagination)

Step 3 - Olive acrylic thinned and then layered over model

Step 4 - Olive and sand mix thinned, each layered pass with more sand to lighten the tone all the time being careful not to airbrush over the effects of step 2. Found this a little tricky as I have a ham-fisted airbrushing approach - more practice needed!

Anyway, results are:

View attachment 99288

View attachment 99289

View attachment 99290

Hopefully, I'll have time to work on it some more as I need to wipe away the memory of Arsenal losing to the spuds out my head.

20150110_153529707_iOS.jpg

20150110_140851967_iOS-2.jpg

20150110_140741115_iOS.jpg

D

dubster72

I like it, there's a nice variation of shades going on there.

B

bugsaint

All basic painting done and a gloss coat on. Given it a couple of weeks to cure.....

ok tbh I got distracted by my other hobby, photography and was doing that for a while. Will come back to this model when I get time.

First Name
Neil
Another Gooner? Excellent - though the memory of that particular debacle was erased the next weekend anyway - well the effect at least, but I am still confident St Totteringham's Day will come along this year like (nearly) every other year.