Trumpeter BR57 + Panzertragerwagen.

J

John Huggins

Nothing doing at the moment Stuart, but hope to get started again soon will keep u posted.

John

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
that is absolutely amazing bud you've nailed the camo pattern bud truly it looks superb

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
well ole a i was going to originally going to say beautiful ask the risk of sounding a little........:cheeseygrin: you know

C

CDW

I'm going to sound mental and cheesy then cos i think that camo job is looking absolutley bloody gorgeous.

J

John Huggins

Thanks lads for ur kind comments, it took an age to do & almost gave up at one point.

I think the colour's are a bit harsh, i tryed to water the paint down but it looked a bit naff.

Hope to start the weathering tomorrow.

Thanks again.

John

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
superb work again john can't wait to see all the builds together in a dio or how ever you are going to display your fabulous builds

J

John Huggins

Thanks John for ur kind comment, i am going to put this one on a base 3'6"x8" got to pop down to my B&Q & find some offcuts.

John

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
look foward to jonn no get down there

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Are you back from B&Q yet?

This cammo is wonderful, you have the patience of a saint old chap. Really nice job.

The weathering is coming along nicely too.....

Well done.

Ron

N

noble

excellent work john was also thinking of adding this myself but had to stop somewhere . lovely camouflage job and the weathering is coming along nicely.

Scott

J

John Huggins

Had a little misshap with this one, swmbo spilt thinners over it while i was at work, she says she could smell somthing funny coming from my workbench so decided to have a look.

It seem that my oil paint thinners tin which was sitting in a plastic tray had split it's seam & when she moved it it went all over the model, melted plastic & all, as the train was side by side (train, coal truck, wagon with tank on) all got coverd in melted plastic & thinners.

She phoned me at work in a panic knowing how much work went into it & what it cost, i calmly told her not to panic & i would sort it out in the morning.

Well when i got home the first thing i did was to take a look at the damage ( AHHHH) will need to do a lot of filling & a complet re-paint. Bummer.

John.

Last edited:
M

mobear

all i can say is `ouch` but hopefully the rescue will put a new light into the build,good luck old boy

mobear