Trumpeter Challenger 2 in Barracuda Camo - or "How to make a sow's ear from a sow's ear!"

wasdale32

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
This was a cheap kit picked up from an under-the-table sale at a show and when I opened the box it was obvious why the previous owner didn't want it!

Actually it was clearly labelled as "incomplete" as a few minor parts had been scavenged - but as I wanted a "sacrificial victim" to try out the Barracuda finish it suited my needs.

As for the kit itself it had a lot of flash and several fit issues particularly around the turret but it does resemble a Chally 2.

The Barracuda is a mix of 3D printed panels and Milliput embossed with the same pattern as the panels. I have since decide that I should have modified some of the panels as the surface is a bit too pronounced in places but I think the embossed finish is OK.

The side drapes are 3D resin and are really too thin for comfort as the resin is quite brittle. I feel a few more experiments to achieve the correct balance is needed.
IMGP3850 (Large).JPGIMGP3851 (Large).JPGIMGP3852 (Large).JPGIMGP3853 (Large).JPGIMGP3854 (Large).JPGIMGP3855 (Large).JPG