Trumpeter Dampflokomotive BR86

M

MickBass

Hi all,

I have just started building models again after about 25 years, So far i have built a Nigel Mansell Formula 1 Ferrari and a 1869 Cutty Sark

Now im trying may hand at this locomotive, It looks very challenging and hopefully i can get some pointers on weathering to make it look a bit more realistic

I have never used a spray gun before so i might just use one on this.

View attachment 65558

View attachment 65559

Box.jpg

Step01.jpg

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Welcome aboard Mick.

There's nothing like starting with an easy build to get back into modelling - and this is nothing like starting with an easy build!

Check out Noble and Pink Panther. They've both done some superb dios with 1/35 locos.

Gern

N

noble

hi mickey i have already built this kit. the first and best bit of advice to start with is when you are building the chassis for the wheels, build it on a very sooth flat surface making sure it is straight and square. if you get this correct the rest of the build is time and patience . see my pics of this build on the trains and layouts section. if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

Scott

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
Hi Mick,

Welcome aboard ........... That is a serious kit you are starting there.

Peter

M

MickBass

\ said:
hi mickey i have already built this kit. the first and best bit of advice to start with is when you are building the chassis for the wheels, build it on a very sooth flat surface making sure it is straight and square. if you get this correct the rest of the build is time and patience . see my pics of this build on the trains and layouts section. if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.Scott
Hiya Scott

Thanks for the advice, i have already seen your build and it looks amazing.

I might not go much further until i get an airbrush kit or maybe spray can if the airbrush and compressor is too much.

and thanks Peter it is a serious kit the hardest part for me will be the painting, I want to avoid painting it with a brush.

I also found this post of the build aswell Trumpeter 217 - Dampflok BR 86 in 1/35 - Baubericht FERTIG

Mick

Last edited:
First Name
Aaron
Jeeze i bet this is huge built, I wonder how many parts to this kit.

Good luck with this build id love to watch it come to fruition.

First Name
Aaron
Chugging along nicely (excuse the pun)

I hear ya about the airbrush mate, I couldnt do without mine.

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hi Mick and welcome to the forum ( sorry i'm late just seen this ) great work so far and keep posting the pictures

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Hi and welcome to the forum Mick. Your airbrushing looks really good.

Looking forward to seeing your train complete.

Tony.

T

tommy1drop

Hi Mick and welcome to the forum buddy, lovely start on the chuff chuff, coming along nicely, looking forward to following this build.

Tom

P

Polux

Hi Mick, welcome to the forum!

This is coming along nicely, very good so far.

Cheers. Polux

First Name
Aaron
Hey Mick, hope your feeling better mate.The loco is looking awesome.Theres been a change in the forum and theres a thread to vote weather you like it or not.Good to hear your back at the bench.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hej Mick. The loco it looking very good.

Hope you are feeling better, What where you in for?

Ian M

P

Polux

Hey mate, this loco looks very nice!!

Hope all goes Ok, take care!

Polux

M

MickBass

Thank to all for your concerns... It was my wife in the hospital for Blood and Iron transfusion

she is doing good at the moment..