Trumpeter LCM 3 - radio controlled

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
According to he fashion pages in the tabloids Speedo's are de rigeur - welcome to the the twilight zone Steve. (PS: Are you sure you want to go out in public wearing your 'heart on your sleeve ' ...?
Steve

Peter Gillson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Peter
Hi Guys

Chris - I'm not really into boats, made a couple in the 80's,this was a one-off experiment, a technical challenge to see if I could do it, so I'm pretty pleased it worked. i think what I learned most is there is a lot to learn about propeller sizes and what the correct size should have been!

Steve - cheers, I think this wiring was about the max of my knowledge, any more items and I woud have been stumped.

Steve - thanks, unfortunately the pond has developed aleak somewhere and the level keeps dropping - my winter task is to drain it and fit a new liner. Not looking forward to doing it, it is bound to be a really messy, and probably smelly, job.

richard - glad you like it. I saw a reaaly cool version on the WWW, a chap had a third servo which controlled the front ramp and so was able to take it to the shore, lower the ramp and drive off it a radio controlled Sherman. I chickened out of trying to copy that.

Peter

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Peter was his name rex by any chance as my freind rex did that with his landing craft an he had a sherman tank drive out by r/c

I saw a reaaly cool version on the WWW, a chap had a third servo which controlled the front ramp and so was able to take it to the shore, lower the ramp and drive off it a radio controlled Sherman. I chickened out of trying to copy that.
(Peter quote )

Peter Gillson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Peter
Chris - I forget his name, and Ii haven't been able to find the video again, shame becasue I would have posted a link to it.

Peter

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Chris - I forget his name, and Ii haven't been able to find the video again, shame becasue I would have posted a link to it.

Peter
Never mind Peter im the same i see thing on here an cant find them again hope you an yours are all well
chris jen

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Really cool Peter :thumb2: Just need a few more for a full on pool side invasion!
Top work on the RC conversion
Paul