Trumpeter USS North Carolina BB-55 - 1/700

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Much happier now I've sanded and repainted, with careful masking, the camo on the hull. Much neater and sharp lines. Funny how being a bit fussy can lead to hours of fun. A question for the other ship builders. Should I spray with a clear matt varnish to seal the paint ? I imagine around the superstructure it might be difficult but I like the idea of sealing the paint. What do others do ?
HI GARY sorry im late on your question but I have to seal my ships with clear matt varnish as mine do go on the real water an out in all wheathers so yes I do
chris ps yea she looks great on the seascape very well done

Last edited:
First Name
Gary
Thanks. I am really pleased with the sea. For a first attempt especially. It looks so realistic I'm surprised but I did put a lot of effort into the different seas colours due to rip currents and fallout from the wave crests as they sink back down again. It helped that I visited my daughter so much in Falmouth as you can really see how the sea is many colours and shades from the cliff tops. I'm just finishing off the pine moulding surround which I'll straight varnish with Mahogony varnish. I like these little 1/700 ships

Last edited:
First Name
Gary
Thanks Ron

Posted in completed now as well. And with the wooden frame. Railings to be added but this is about it and I'll have a think about next one to build and the frame might be different

FrontWood_edited-1.jpg

StarWood_edited-1.jpg

PortWood_edited-1.jpg