TSR LImited Edition Red Dragon from the 90s

B

Boldman

As promised here are some photos. The first one give you a sense of the scale as its posed with a bottle of Tamiya paint :smiling3:

33965-tsr-limited-edition-red-dragon-90s-dscf4670.jpg

it measures about 8 inches (20cm) between each wingtip, 7 inches (17.5cm) nose to tail and 10 inches (25cm) tall from base to wingtip.

It weighs about 2 kg

33963-tsr-limited-edition-red-dragon-90s-dscf4662.jpg
33964-tsr-limited-edition-red-dragon-90s-dscf4669.jpg
33962-tsr-limited-edition-red-dragon-90s-dscf4664.jpg
33961-tsr-limited-edition-red-dragon-90s-dscf4666.jpg
33960-tsr-limited-edition-red-dragon-90s-dscf4667.jpg

I've always been very pleased with its eyes and the rocks of the base - I've always been good with painting rocks lol, comes from studying Geology!

This has held pride of place on my shelf for around 15 years and its had its share of knocks - it lost the spikes on its nose several years ago and it gets very dusty. Thankfully all it requires is a wash in soapy water followed by a good rinse and its fine again. Can't use anything to dry it with all those spikes so thankfully it won't rust :D

Back in those days I painted a lot of metal figures for AD&D games sessions we used to run at a friends house. Not sure where all those figures are now. I could never do it again, my eyesight has deteriorated considerably over the last 15 years even with magnifying visors :sad:

View attachment 38594

View attachment 38595

View attachment 38596

View attachment 38597

View attachment 38598

View attachment 38599

DSCF4667.jpg

DSCF4666.jpg

DSCF4664.jpg

DSCF4662.jpg

DSCF4669.jpg

DSCF4670.jpg

Last edited:
P

Polux

Thanks Andrew for the pics!

15 years old... It's Ok!! And you are true, the eyes are top job, amazing...

I hope/wish if my Smaug would be half better than this, then I will be really happy!!

Have fun

Polux

C

CDW

Awesome Dragon mate. excellent life in the eyes, they really stand out in the images.

Dusting is a pain and i used to give mine a quick daily blow with a photgraphers air bottle, worked ok.

I too used to play D&D and AD&D and still have all my charactors, their foes and allies (all painted) ....plus a box of unpainted stuff that i never used or painted up when playing or running a dungeon as DM.... there's got to be around 150 figures (both metal and plastic) left to do.

I posted a couple of ogres a while back here...http://www.scale-models.co.uk/fantasy-figures/14688-d-d-ogres.html

don't think many people are into figure in here so it's nice to find a couple of chaps who not only painted but played D&D too:smiling3: