Tweezer Sets

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
I have a few really REALLY cheap tweezers that if i'm honest...... are rubbish. So the question to the community is.

Can you recommend a decent set of tweezers to get. I'd like it if they self close and at least one has a really fine point. Price is a consideration though. I am not made of money.

Bortig the Viking

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
I have a few really REALLY cheap tweezers that if i'm honest...... are rubbish. So the question to the community is.

Can you recommend a decent set of tweezers to get. I'd like it if they self close and at least one has a really fine point. Price is a consideration though. I am not made of money.
Hi, I use these and find them good both from Scale Model Shop, can't complain about the price. Don't really use reverse ones so can't help there.

Last edited:

Steven000

WWII and nuts.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
I have a lot of cheap tweezers too, but the're handy for dirty superglue stuff etc...

My favorite in the drawers is a "DSPIAE HG Angled tweezers" type "ATON AT-TZ01"
DSPIAE-AT-Z01-Flat-end-Tweezer-HG-Angled-Tweezers.jpg

Those AK ones look very good too.
Cheers,
Steven

D

Deleted member 5496

Alan have you thought of forceps. I got a range of them they have, mostly, serrated pinch points ( kind ones) .

Find sometimes you tend to un-pinch your fingers with tweezers. With the forceps your fingers grip better.
Not for all uses but like all things in model making another tool in the armory. Holding bits for longer periods
these make it easier than tweezers.

There are a huge variety some locking types. Reasonably priced.

Laurie