Two Halftracks pulled from river.

N

Netboy

https://www.warhistoryonline.com/military-vehicle-news/two-german-wwii-halftracks-pulled-from-river-in-poland.html?src=fba&type=wca&page=who

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
what a great find,one is in very good shape ,well the other,

so thank you so much for showing us ,I do like these types of things,

very interesting, ;)

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
that looks an interesting yard to walk round, saw a few other things in the back ground

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Nice one, always like stuff like this.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
https://www.warhistoryonline.com/military-vehicle-news/two-german-wwii-halftracks-pulled-from-river-in-poland.html?src=fba&type=wca&page=who
Just viewed it, absolutely amazing! What got me most was the condition of the tires! Seemingly still able to hold air and with absolutely no signs of rot,also rubber on road wheels fully intact {used real rubber back then}, hardly no real rust, it must be the mineral rich fresh water and probably being well sunk in the mud that preserved it so well. Would have been nice if it had been in English though...........Jim:smiling3:

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
Nice one, always like stuff like this.
Now THERE'S a build for you Si!...............Jim:smiling3:

N

Netboy

\ said:
Just viewed it, absolutely amazing! What got me most was the condition of the tires! Seemingly still able to hold air and with absolutely no signs of rot,also rubber on road wheels fully intact {used real rubber back then}, hardly no real rust, it must be the mineral rich fresh water and probably being well sunk in the mud that preserved it so well. Would have been nice if it had been in English though...........Jim:smiling3:
Yes, I was a bit suspicious. I wonder if they have really been there since WW2? It seems unlikely that they would be preserved so well.

Perhaps it is more likely that they have been stored somewhere and only dumped in the river fairly recently?

D

dubster72

I don't know what the guys are saying, but a bit of T-Cut will sort that paintwork out a treat! :P

Interesting to see some German WWII stuff in colour. I notice the German Grey paint under the Dunkelgelb. Also, it's worth noting the rust colours - not much lurid orange, something worth remembering ;)